icon

confused, 4 ohm svc woofer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rxsilvia 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2010 at 6:43 AM / IP Logged  
okk. ive been looking around for an answer but im kinda stuck here so if anyone can help i'd appreciate it alot.
I have 1 4ohm SVC subwoofer which runs 150w rms.
i was wondering if you can wire it onto a 2 x 2ohm 2 channel amp which has 200w rms at 4ohm when bridged.
The equipment specifically are: the amp is a Kicker ZX200.1 and the woofer is a Kicker C12
cheers for any help =D
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 17, 2010 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
Bridge it to the amp and you should be fine!
Kevin Pierson
rxsilvia 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2010 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:
Bridge it to the amp and you should be fine!
ow so you can bridge a SVC subwoofer? coz i know you can with a DVC but i didn't know you could with a SVC =\
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 17, 2010 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  

rxsilvia wrote:
The equipment specifically are: the amp is a Kicker ZX200.1 and the woofer is a Kicker C12

Did you mistype the model number of the amp?  Is it a two channel or a mono amp as suggested by the model number listed here?

Regardless, you can wire any number of speakers / voice coils in any variety of parallel and series schemes, but you (can) always end up with one positive and one negative that connect to the amp.  A bridgeable two-channel amp will accept these two connectors at the bridging locations as marked on the amp.  A one-channel (mono) amp will, of course, accept these two wires as well.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Posted: April 17, 2010 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
No you can't bridge a SVC sub but luckily you can bridge most 2 channel amps.
Kevin Pierson
rxsilvia 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2010 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
stevdart wrote:

rxsilvia wrote:

Did you mistype the model number of the amp?  Is it a two channel or a mono amp as suggested by the model number listed here?

Regardless, you can wire any number of speakers / voice coils in any variety of parallel and series schemes, but you (can) always end up with one positive and one negative that connect to the amp.  A bridgeable two-channel amp will accept these two connectors at the bridging locations as marked on the amp.  A one-channel (mono) amp will, of course, accept these two wires as well.

Sorry i did typo on the model number. Its a ZX200.2 as you said its a 2 channel amp that can be bridged to make 200 watts rms at 4ohm
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Posted: April 17, 2010 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
You can bridge that SVC woofer on that amp.  You can bridge any 4 ohm SVC woofer to just about any modern day 2 channel amplifier.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic