icon

viper 5901 in 2004 f350

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
beemr 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2010 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  

I am installing a Viper 5901 alarm in a 2004 F350 Crew Cab 6.0 diesel Automatic.

There are a few questions I have concerning which wires to use in the installation, and how they are connected to the truck.

I also have a few questions on exactly how the alarm works, and what certain wires do, so that I may add some special relays and circuits to better the function of the alarm.

I will start with the questions on how the alarm works:

1. The Control Center:

As I understand it, the Control Center has an LED, the Valet button and the antenna. The Valet button is used to program the alarm, but also to disable the alarm by turning the ignition to "ON" and then pushing the Valet button.

I am told that all a thief has to do is break in, jimmy the ignition switch to "on" and then push the button. The alarm is now turned off. The instructions say to mount the Control Center in the middle of the windshield, which makes this an easy task for the thief.

There is an optional Valet button, #8631. How does this switch hook up to the brain, while still allowing the antenna to function? There is only one 6-pin connector. Does the optional switch come with a Y-harness to allow both to connect to the brain? If so, would both the Control Center Valet switch and optional switch be active at the same time?

I was thinking that I could hide the optional Valet switch in a not-so-convenient place, and then super glue or disable the actual Valet switch in the Control Center.

There are the following 6 wires coming from the Control Center:

-Pink

-Green

-Red

-Black

-Blue

-Grey

Which 2 wires coming from the Control Center are for the antenna?

Can I cut the wires for the LED & Valet switch and splice in my own switch, thereby making the Valet switch in the Control Center non-operable?

2. What functions are turned off when the alarm is armed? I am assuming the starter wire, but is there anything else, like the ignition circuit?

3. How & when is the H1/4 Light Flash Isolation wire used?

4. How & when is the H1/10 Remote/Turbo Timer Activation wire used? Where is it connected on the truck?

5. How does the H2/6 2nd Unlock Output work? Where is it connected on the truck.? I am wanting to use this function to turn on a fuel pump relay I am adding for additional security. (more on this later)

6.How & when is the H3/2 Ignition 2/Flex Relay Input wire used? Where is it connected on the truck?

7. Why is the starter wire cut for installation of the H3/5 Starter Input wire? How does this circuit flow when power to the alarm is removed?

8. How & when is the H3/6 wire used? Where is it connected on the truck?

9. How & when are the H3/7 and H3/8 wires used? Where are they connected to the truck?

10. When the alarm is "on" and the truck door is opened, will the alarm trip instantly, sending a signal to my key fob remote, or will there be a 30 second delay before it goes off? I am wanting the alarm to sound instantly upon any door being opened, and to send me a notice.

Basically, I am needing vehicle specific instructions on which wires to utilize in the alarm installation, along with where and how to connect them. I will be soldering all connections.

Sorry if this is long winded, but I have been unable to find installtion instructions for my truck, and I really need to move forward in getting this system up and running.

If anyone knows of a good installer in Houston, Tx I can talk to, that would be beneficial also.

Thank you in advance...

Thomas

pbellouny 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2010 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
for the button u program the # of pushes the would be thief will never know ur # of pushes
pbellouny 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2010 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  

sorry for not getting into more detail but the way that works is the door is unlocked now the alarm is going off, the thief now has to get to the ignition wires simulate turning the key, now he has to enter the # of presses on that button, which u program, than he needs to undo the wires he used to simulate turning the key, than he needs to re simulate turning the key for the alarm to stop and engine to start! so i wouldnt be too worried abou that thats like a good 10 minutes woth of work, and will draw plenty of attention. what i recommend is u wrap the wires at the ignition fully in electrical tape and then wrap them all the way down the wires til u hit the brain leaving no wire colors exposed

pbellouny 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2010 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  

2. in armed starte wire is broken, make sure u space that out so that way the crook will have to bring his own wire to jump it

3.this is for multiplex circuits, idt u need it, pretty sure u dont.

4.if u dont have a turbo u dont need it

5.thats tough thats a pulsed wire used for driver door priority unlock, so what would happen is one press of unlock would open ur driver door another would un lock the rest thats what this does unlocks the rest

6.u need to check the diagrams on ur truck, i took a peek u dont need this ur truck dosent have a second ignition wire

7.n/c relay when the alarm is activated the relay is energized breaking the circuit so it cant be started, when the alarm is disarmed the relay returns to rest and allows the truck to start

8.h3/6i think this gets 12volt constant input

9.if u have second ignition u dont not needed

10.car side will sound instant the pager however updates every 15 seconds i believe so u might know about it a few seconds later.

a meter can help u with alot of this i would give myself a good 2 days to do this its not gonna be easy thats why they want pros to do the viper and python higher end kits, i did it myself. but i do recommend a very good electronics background to do it, if u have any doubt dont proceed, let a shop do it it might be worth it in the end.

i have no doubt u can handle it, but if u get caught in a bind call techsupport usually u will sit on hold for an hour and they will feel bad so they will help you even though theyre not suppose too. this is suppose to be a dealer only kit. so was mine but they helped me out.

!! I share this as my own personal knowledge and take no responsibility for any mistakes made !!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic