icon

linear 12 in subs 800 rms ea

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dankelley 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2010 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  

does anyone know how well the lenear 12 in 1600 watt 800 rms subs would sound ? i have a pioneer 1200 watt amp and these would be going in my dodge ram 1500 under the rear seats . or does anyone have any pointers , what to use etc.

im really new at all this and any help would be greatly apprieciated

thanks

licto 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  

Nope.....  But....  How something sounds is like all the different types of WINE in the world..  Limitless.....

Give some details like what you are going for, Listening type, How you plan to enclose them etc......

You may get a little more feedback on this topic.....

dankelley 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  

well i listen to all diff types of music , pop , rock , oldies , a bit of everything but ive always wanted to try having a system that would shake the mirrors off of the vehicle behind or in front of me. i know im limited with space. the lenear subs came at a good price but id be willing to spend more if i could just know what would do. i was hoping some one had some feed back on useing the lenear brand subs . but all advice is well appriceated

ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
Never heard of:(lenear 12 in 1600 watt 800 rms subs)
Please enable your spell check, we need all the faith in American education we can get.
To start with, the good systems start with good power. Higher, cleaner power delivers louder, cleaner sound. There is no way around this. Your Pioneer amp will most likely clip before any sub is slappin.
Assuming you have the quad cab:
Any sub in any enclosure that fits under the seats in that vehicle, wont be rattling windows(by my definition). A accomplished enclosure builder, who has the space-(raising rear seats 4") can fiberglass a tub in those wells, up to a wooden baffle holding two 10" subs (ported) of a certain quality, which might get you close. The custom enclosure's made to go under the rear seats in that truck....suck! The center console custom enclosure for that truck is ok when using a high quality 10" sub, after its braced and powered with something fierce. Yet still, there wont be any windows rattling, not even your own.
This is what I do for FUN!
diamondaudioguy 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
He is right,I'm a box builder and first off there is just not enough airspace undetermined any seat for 12" subs my advice sell those and get some good shallow 10" subs.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic