valet 562t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rnemtb 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged  
Hello all,
i installed a valet 562t r/s in my 1999 ford expedition eddie bauer. everything works fine. my only issue is the bypass module, was using a 555f could not get truck to start.it would only start with key in ignition. swapped 555f for xpresskit model TBXKEY.used a confirmed working key that would start vehicle. TBXKEY module is wired red 12v constant ,black ground, blue to blue (-)status output.vehicle still will not start without key in ignition.then it will run for 10seconds with key in bypass and ignition.disconnect bypass and will only start with key in ignition. door locks , all accessories work fine ,all wires tested with dmm.anyone have any ideas that might solve this issue.
any help is greatly appreciated.
George Capraun
rnemtb
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  
move the ring around and zip tie it down.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
As Tedmond said, if you move the ring around you should be able to get it to start, then zip tie it into position. Make sure you don't twist the wires to the ring.
I would suggest picking up a different style bypass module. One that doesn't rely on the pickup antenna at the key cylinder. The DEI 1100F, or PKF1 for example are data based solutions that do not rely on the factory antenna ring and are not affected by temperature. If you take a look around you should be able to find one for about the same amount of money you paid for the TBXKEY.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
rnemtb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2010 at 6:02 AM / IP Logged  
sorry it took so long to post this. i replaced the tbxkey module with an 1100f.
i wired it below
bypass = pats wiring at cylider
red 12v constant
black to chasis ground
blue/white to blue status output (-)r/s
pink = ignition wire blue/lt.green @ignition harness
gray/red to orange@pats ring
GREEN/ red to black @ ring
white @pats ring metered as ground
still having same problem will not r/s only with key in cylinder with bypass disconnected, with bypass connected and key in ignition wiil start run for 10 seconds and shut down. i have tried several times to rest the bypass with no luck.
rnemtb
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2010 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  

Can you confirm that you have B+ on the Red. Ground on the Black  and Ground on the Blue status wire when it should be activated?

If you ground the blue wire from the TBXKEY can you remote start it then?

Does that have 2 Blue wires in the small plug.  Like a Blue and also a Blue/White or Blue/Black? 

rnemtb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2010 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged  
Good Morning,
   i switched the TBXKEY to the 1100f. i will have to switch the bypass again to try it.
thanks
rnemtb
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2010 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
Theres nothing wrong with the TBXKEY's.  Make sure you're using the Blue/Blk wire.  That Blue status wire may be programmed wrong for your application.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic