the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

what brain is this? pics included

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Nuffstylez 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  

Hi guys.  The car is a 07 Infiniti M35x.  Dealer installed alarm that works with fob.  Figured it was a Karr but when I looked at the brain, there was no name, there was 5 dip-switches and a turn knob.  (potentiometer)  Can you  guys look at the pics and tell me what kind of brain is it?  What i'm trying to do is, figure out if I could add a shock sensor to this alarm.  There is none at all, car alarm does not go off unless its a really hard shock, and i mean really hard.  I figured the potentiometer in the brain was to adjust the sensitivity, but it didn't make a difference.  Here's some more info.  The brain is connected to a valet 561r, which i figure is for the remote start.  Also in the mix is a CAN-SL2 (firmware 12.11)  which i figure is the bypass.  To remote start, I have to press the lock button 3 times.  Hope i gave enough info, and thanks in advance.

what brain is this? pics included -- posted image.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
The unit is made by DEI, look at the plugs and the "OK 11" sticker. I'm also guessing that the white 4 pin socket 2nd right is a MUX plug for various sensors, 507/508 etc.
Nuffstylez 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
Hey howie, I looked all over the web for hours now for a dei brain like this or something similiar.  I cant find one at all.  it's probably a old unit.  But wouldnt all dei products put their logo on their products?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
The other reason I thought it was a DEI unit was the casing, it's very similar to a 530t, also the other parts are DEI. It would be in their catalogue as a standalone unit working off the vehicle's remote.
Nuffstylez 
Posted: April 28, 2010 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  

I looked through almost all the manuals on the site but I can't find a brain similiar to this one.  Since I cant figure out what brain this is, can you guys tell me if you have any ideas what the dipswitches do.  ( Im dying to know)  Also, looking at the pic with the open plugs, can you guys tell me if I can add an additional shock sensor to this brain?? Thanks!!

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2010 at 2:29 AM / IP Logged  
Second photo, 2nd 4 pin plug from the right, looks like an external sensor MUX input socket, e.g. for 508d.
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2010 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  
i have to agree with howie that its probably a DEI product and the 4pin harness should be a shock sensor port. it may also be something totally different. best thing would probably be to call the dealer that the car was purchased from and ask if they sub out their aftermarket stuff, then contact the shop that put it in to find out what products they use.
Nuffstylez 
Posted: April 30, 2010 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Blanx218, spoke to the dealer.  They told me they outsource their aftermarket alarms and gave the guys number.  I called him and he told me that I would have to pay a 50 charge for him to readjust the alarm and extra if i want to add another sensor.  What a ripoff!!! He didnt want to tell me the model number.   All I need is the model number so i could look up the install manual. I've been looking for countless hours with no luck.. Thanks anyways. 
dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2010 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
Looks like Garage opener DEI brain
dragon
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 30, 2010 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
I think it's an Omega brain.
Does the car by chance have LoJack? LoJack used to also sell/install alarms as an addition to their regular tracking device, and they used Omega.
Regardless, I agree with what Howie says. In your third picture, fourth plug over from the right, looks like the standard shock sensor port that many alarm manufacturers use.
OK............
So do you want to just go ahead and buy a shock sensor and plug it in, or do you want to first test and see if the alarm's input works?
If you want to test:
1. Go to this link, where there's not only a DEI shock sensor for sale, but there's also a picture of the plug. Pay close attention and note that the plug in the picture is sort of upside down.
https://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51AGCP4WGTL._SL500_AA280_.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.5z5.com/News/%3Fd3780383762f634e&usg=__afbUcspKWAFLHtgLkL3z429EmR4=&h=280&w=280&sz=15&hl=en&start=14&sig2=W5iR9iTAhQE2NX2MDUlh7Q&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=OrUUfBCDOfIGuM:&tbnh=114&tbnw=114&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dshock%2Bsensor%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN%26tbs%3Disch:1&ei=Kn_bS9jALsG78gaK1JjgBw
Anyway, see that the wires are black, red, green and blue? (At least I think they're in that order.)
Anyway....
Do you have a test light or multimeter or something like that? And know how to use it?
So then, just test the four little pins on your alarm.
Red should be constant power.
Black should be ground.
Either the blue or the green, either one....if the alarm is armed and you send a ground to that pin, the alarm should trigger.
If those things all check out, go ahead and pick up a shock sensor and install it.
Where are you? I have a bunch of extra Audiovox shock sensors that work well enough and have the same plug.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic