icon

kicker comp 12vr any good?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
j s machine 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2010 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  

I have 2 of these drivers that I am either going to use or get rid of based on what I can find out about them. From what I've read they seem to be pretty decent, but I haven't been able to find out enough. I will only run one of them in each vehicle I have if I use them. I understand the new models of these speakers can hold 400/800 peak/rms and I plan to push a single speaker with about 350-400 rms in a sealed box. I'll wire it parallel to knock it down to 2 ohms. What I am concerned with is sound quality. If these drivers beat like crazy but suck as far as sound quality goes I would rather just sell them and buy one decent driver that is good for sound qulaity.

kicker comp 12vr any good? -- posted image.

kicker comp 12vr any good? -- posted image.

The ones I have been researching and may be leaning towards are offerings from Elemental Designs (e5.12), or JL Audio(12w1v2). If there are other offerings from good manufacturers, please recomendd anything you can think of.

j s machine 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2010 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  

Vehicles are a '99 Corvette coupe and a '95 ex cab Chevy Z-71.

knotdrummer88 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2010 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
i have never had these drivers, but ive heard that kicker is aimed more towards getting straight up loud rather than sound quality
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2010 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
It all depends on your expectation from the driver. Kicker in general is known as a SPL oriented manufacturer. I think that sub is on the better side of the scale, at least its worth a try. Others to try may be: JL, Earthquake, Hertz, Cerwin Vega, Alpine- each of these should hit expectation in reference to cost. If they dont, then you got a enclosure issue.
This is what I do for FUN!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic