icon

will it turn off? ever?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
1nicemustang 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2003 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
HEY EVERYONE i recently purchased a STINGER SHD4MAX DBlock the one that has the digital volt meter on it as well as the blue LED lights to tell the fuse is bad....
i have it wired like this....BATTERY----4 GAUGE WIRE----1 FARAD CAP -----THEN THE----- STINGER SHD4MAX THE TO THE AMPS
the ground wire on the DBlock is going to the amp ground. the thing has set dormant for about an hour now and has not turned off. i tryed the adjusters on it and to no avail so far....one is to adjust the voltage readout the other the sensativity on/off...
guess its no big deal but will it run the battery down? ive never worked with a piece like this before thanks for any help!!will it turn off? ever? - Last Post -- posted image.
donkason 
Copper - Posts: 189
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2003 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
Stinger sells a secondary battery relay 80amps and 200 amps. If you used one of those between your battery and cap it will shut off all power when you turn your key off and your problem should be solved. I have one on my car and it works fine. All you need to do is run a ground and 12volt ignition wire to it as well as your 4 ga. power wire.
1nicemustang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2003 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
ok so what your saying is....just hook in a relay to the power supply wire that will in fact...power the stereo when igintion is in the on or run position...do i have this correct? will this induce noise at all?
1nicemustang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2003 at 5:36 AM / IP Logged  
OK THIS THING IS STILL ON AFTER HALF A DAY..... hasnt anyone ever worked with this piece of equipment before or any ideas? maybe the turn off circuit is bad on it.....
1nicemustang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2003 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
ok ill answer my own question.......by taking a regular relay....and using it with the remote wire from the HU i can have the ground to the DBlock disconnect when the stereo is turned off and reconnect when the stereo is back on. therefore only on when its supposed to be.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2003 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  

Sounds like you might have a bad unit you might want to contact stinger. It should shut off automatically like a digital capacitor.

djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2003 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
that ground thing you just mentioned with a normal relay will not be efficient enough. you got a bad cap. either that or this is a turn on leead required. it is usually a screw on top of the cap.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2003 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
my caps are "on" all the time. as long as there is no current draw whats the problem. I have gone on vacation and come home 2 weeks later and it starts just fine. the little LED does not use enough current to worry about
Big Dave
1nicemustang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2003 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
ok i just didnt want it to run the battery down thats all.....thanks guys...
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2003 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
your welcome
Big Dave

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic