icon

idatalinks ads al ca and 03 taurus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
renswic 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2010 at 4:16 AM / IP Logged  
ok my 03 ford taurus has a viper 5701, we are looking to install a idatalinks ads-al ca and i need a diagram for it, the PDK i got from idatalinks site might as well be speaking greek to me, anyone install one of these on a 03 taurus that can post a diagram for me?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2010 at 5:41 AM / IP Logged  

First, Your bypass module, the ADS AL CA must be flashed ( firmware loaded ) with the ADS-AL (TB) -FM Ver2.5 firmware.  The modules come from the factory with no firmware loaded.  Loading the firmware requires a special USB cable attached to your PC and the connected to the ADS AL CA module.  The cable costs about $60 but the firmware download is free.

Also the ADS AL CA will work fine but is overkill for your application.  They make and sell less expensive modules that will take care of bypassing the ignition immobilizer, like the ADS TB.

After you get the module loaded with the correct firmware.  Go to the iDatalink Web site and download the correct giude.  Your install is Type 1.  Your cars immobilizer connection is Type C.  The guide tells which color wires to expect at the immobilizer connector.  Follow the wiring guide on page 7 of 12.  You should set it to the proper Mode by following the instructions in the guide on the top of page 10 of 12.  I would go with the Standard mode and hardwire everything, called W2W mode.  That would mean connecting the 4 pin plug directly to +12v, ground and (-) Status Output.

You will need two working, non clone, keys to program the bypass module to your car.  Follow the guide instruction at the lower section of page 10.

There are other modules out there that are similar and don't require firmware loading (they come pre-loaded).  Modules like DEI's PKALL or PKFM.

Good luck.

Soldering is fun!
renswic 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2010 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

First, Your bypass module, the ADS AL CA must be flashed ( firmware loaded ) with the ADS-AL (TB) -FM Ver2.5 firmware.  The modules come from the factory with no firmware loaded.  Loading the firmware requires a special USB cable attached to your PC and the connected to the ADS AL CA module.  The cable costs about $60 but the firmware download is free.

Also the ADS AL CA will work fine but is overkill for your application.  They make and sell less expensive modules that will take care of bypassing the ignition immobilizer, like the ADS TB.

After you get the module loaded with the correct firmware.  Go to the iDatalink Web site and download the correct giude.  Your install is Type 1.  Your cars immobilizer connection is Type C.  The guide tells which color wires to expect at the immobilizer connector.  Follow the wiring guide on page 7 of 12.  You should set it to the proper Mode by following the instructions in the guide on the top of page 10 of 12.  I would go with the Standard mode and hardwire everything, called W2W mode.  That would mean connecting the 4 pin plug directly to +12v, ground and (-) Status Output.

You will need two working, non clone, keys to program the bypass module to your car.  Follow the guide instruction at the lower section of page 10.

There are other modules out there that are similar and don't require firmware loading (they come pre-loaded).  Modules like DEI's PKALL or PKFM.

Good luck.

i have the usb cable, its what my installer sent(hes in DC im in MT) im guessing i can use the wiring link at the top of the site to match the wires up with page 7 of the guide?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2010 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  

There are two parts to your install both done at the same time.

The Viper 5701 does most of the work.  You will attach the 5701 to all of the necessary wires in the car to allow a remote start, control the door locks and trunk pop, etc.   There should be an install guide for the Viper that explains the wires and programming of the R/S unit.

The iDatalink ADS AL CA module interfaces with, and is controlled by the Viper.  The Viper will tell it when to perform the immobilizer bypass function.  The iDatalink module will fool the car into thinking there is a valid key in the ignition.  The iDatalink guide only covers this part of the install as it can be connected to any manufacturers R/S unit.

Yes, this site has a wire listing for your car.  You can also get the wire listing info from Bulldog Security at :  http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/

You should take these wire listings as a guide only.  It is very important to verify all the wires with a Digital Multi-Meter.  Grounding out the wrong wire can destroy a cars computer...

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: May 02, 2010 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  

Also, if you haven't done a R/S in a Taurus before, there is a trick to taking the steering column apart.  Check out the instructions and pictures at the bottom of the Taurus wire listing at the Bulldog site.

Your Taurus has the GEM module.  Do a search of this site for info on what to expect, how to test and how to WakeUp the GEM if necessary.

Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic