icon

prostart security, alarm system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gastube 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2010 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  
Hi all. Just new here ,looks like a great info source. I am installing a ProStart system and have a couple of questions. This is my first install so I may have more to ask as time goes on. I am a tech so am comfortable with wire's . I have a shock sensor with this kit, there is no info in the install book on how to hook it up. The unit plugs into the module but there is one green wire which must be 12V+ I assume .Just need clarification on that. Also does anyone know how to program the key remote to work with the module, I have an extra one from another kit that I want to use.The kit comes with 2 remotes but only one has the window display .This unit is the CT-5472 TW
Thanks
The Frog said as he was being swallowed by the Heron.        " Never Give Up "
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2010 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  

gastube wrote:
This is my first install so I may have more to ask as time goes on. I am a tech so am comfortable with wire's

Is that statement ironic? Or ist it just me? LOL!

[QUOTE=gastube] I have a shock sensor with this kit, there is no info in the install book on how to hook it up. The unit plugs into the module but there is one green wire which must be 12V+ I assume [QUOTE]

A green wire and the assumption results in it being a 12volt input? Never assume, RTM, however if i had to assume i would say it's an input for an external sensor!

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
aurora24 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2010 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  

Here's a link to the manual for Pro Start CT-5472 TW. I hope it helps.

http://www.engines911.com/asdocs/CT_5472%20TW_ig_en_h45s40_080926.pdf

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2010 at 5:40 AM / IP Logged  

th green wire is an additional sensor input.

i assume you picked up the unit at crappy tire?

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
gastube 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2010 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks T&T . If they included instructions at last resort we would be able to read them.
I found out the Green wire is to be connected to a looped wire on the connector at the sensor module if you want dual sensing turned on.
For any one that needs this info.Here it is.
The shock sensor is set up from default to give Warn Away on the first sense it detects . On the second sense it goes into full alarm mode.
If you look at the connector at the sensor, there is a looped green wire the jumps from pin 3 which also has another wire on it to pin 4.If you want dual sense cut the loop closer to the pin 3 and connect the loose green wire to this short wire coming from pin 4.
Doing this will allow the sensor to continue to use Warn Away instead of waking the neighborhood.
gastube 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2010 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks every one . If they included instructions at last resort we would be able to read them.
I found out the Green wire is to be connected to a looped wire on the connector at the sensor module if you want dual sensing turned on.
For any one that needs this info.Here it is.
The shock sensor is set up from default to give Warn Away on the first sense it detects . On the second sense it goes into full alarm mode.
If you look at the connector at the sensor, there is a looped green wire the jumps from pin 3 which also has another wire on it to pin 4.If you want dual sense cut the loop closer to the pin 3 and connect the loose green wire to this short wire coming from pin 4.
Doing this will allow the sensor to continue to use Warn Away instead of waking the neighborhood.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic