icon

Can’t Program Type in GMDLBP Bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
papastoy05 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2010 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a Marksman X11 Remote Start in my 05 Silverado using the GMDLBP bypass. I was able to do the initial programing of the module for type 4 and the door locks at that time worked, but the remote start did not. I was then able to get the remote start to work and I then tried the locks again but they do not either lock or unlock. Double checked all the wiring no errors. So I decided to re-program the GMDLBP and following the instructions that came with my kit, I can't get into type programing mode any more. Remote start still works. I took 12 volts from the ignition harness and ground to a metal bracket. Soldered the purple wire to purple wire in OBDII connector. Connected green wire to green wire from Marksman and likewise for the blue wires. Brown to the pink of the Marksman. I'm at a loss as to why I can't get back into type programing mode. Appreciate any ideas. Thanks.
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2010 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  

Try disconnecting the module, and then try shorting all the pins together on the interface, NOT THE HARNESS.  I've had to do this once or twice in the past. 

I've taken the modules out of the car, and then used like a razorblade, or a bunch of wire stripped and tried to short all the pins together.  Kinda like a "factory reset"   They dont all have to touch together, but it kind of clars the unit.

Then plug it back in, set the type, then program it.

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2010 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

Put the plug in the module. Turn the key on, and then off. Just ran across this other day, and this worked after trying 2 times. Definately not the first time I've seen seen this with this module.

papastoy05 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2010 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks to all - finally got it!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic