icon

kenwood x1200m amp in protect mode

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
locomx27 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2010 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
i just got an x1200m amp connected 3 4ohm svc kenwood subs which put a 1.33 ohm load on amp. was setting sensitivity and amp went into protect mode after 5min of use and would not turn back on. amp specs say its stable down to 1 ohm load. they are sending me a new one, but to prevent this from happening again i was wondering if i could connect two of the subs in series and then parallel them with the 3rd for a 2.66 ohm load. would this odd load be ok for the amp and would it sound ok?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,673
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 10, 2010 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
It would be easier on the amp, One of your speakers will be playing considerably louder than the other 2. 
locomx27 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2010 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
do you think running that amp at 1.33 is probably going to burn it up again? if i dont have the sensitivity turned up too high it might be ok? im using 3 subs do to lack of space in a chevy crew cab cant get 4 with correct box volume. could drop to to 2 subs but they are shallow mount kfc-xw1200f 350 rms 4ohm svc and amp is x1200m 1200 rms at 2ohm, will that over power those subs
xzman 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2010 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
you'll burn it up again.  the fact that you went with 3 12's cause you couldn't fit 4 tells me you like it loud - crazy loud.  if you're going to drive your system that hard (with sensitivity turned up as well) you will cook it again...and again....and again...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic