the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

remote starter, 1992 lexus es300

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tianot 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2010 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  

hi guys!  i need your help. i installed a command start cs-396i remote starter into my 1992 lexus es300, but it doesnt start the car, it just cranking the car. the car has anti-theft system on it but i google it and it says that the car doesnt need a bypass module. i didn't connect the 2nd ignition wire from the car. do i need to connect that one? where?

the command start cs-396i starter unit has a 5th relay wire, where can i connect the 5th relay wire?  do i need to connect that one into the 2nd ignition wire of the car? do i need to use a 30a relay to connect the 2nd ignition wire?

hope you can help me guys.

thanks in advance

tianot
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2010 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
you should definitely hook up the 2nd ignition. you should have a 2nd ignition output on the remote start. it will go to a BLACK / YELLOW in  the ignition harness. havent done an ES300 in a while but I believe they need both IGN1 & IGN2 to start.
tianot 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2010 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
hi! thanks man for your response. the remote starter unit has a ignition wire and a 5th relay wire.
my car has ignition1 wire (BLACK / YELLOW) and ignition2 wire (BLACK/ orange). how can i connect those wire into my starter unit?
do i need to use a relay switch to connect the 2nd ignition wire of my car.? how?
thanks
tianot
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2010 at 8:26 AM / IP Logged  

Not familiar with and can't find the install guide for your R/S unit but if it is similar to Compustar units...

Look for R/S output called (-) Ignition Output.  It is a thin gauge wire, 200 MA output, that can be used to actuate a relay. 

The SPDT 30 Amp relay should be wired as follows:

(-) Ignition Output from R/S to pin 85.

+12v constant fused at 30 Amps to pins 86 and 87.

Relay pin 30 to cars second Ignition wire at ignition harness.

Relay pin 87a is not used and should be properly insulated.

Some R/S units ( like Ultra Start ) have a built in 5th relay that is either program selectable or strapping selectable for second IGN, ACC or Start.

Compustar R/S units have an external 5th relay that is somewhat pre-wired.  You just need to attach the (-) Ignition Output to it and connect the relays output wire to the cars IGN2 wire.  The install guide should describe this procedure.

Soldering is fun!
tianot 
Posted: May 11, 2010 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  

hey man,  here what i have in my R/S, it doesnt have a thin wire ignition output (-), it just have a 5th relay wire output (14 gauge wire) and has a jumper connection in order to activate the 2nd ignition.

my question is do i need to use a spdt relay to connect the 2nd ignition to the 5th relay wire output? how can i do it? thanks

tianot
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2010 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  

It sounds like it is a 30amp output with the 14 gauge wire you mentioned.  If there is strapping that selects that output as an ignition ( or accessory or start ) then you should be good to go without any additional relay.  Just set the 5th relay jumper to second ignition and connect it to the cars IGN2 wire.

i would still like to see an install guide just be sure or perhaps there is someone out there that is familiar with the Command Start model you have...

Soldering is fun!
tianot 
Posted: May 12, 2010 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  

hi! here is the link for my installation guide. i have the Command start but this one is exactly the same.

http://www.nordicstart.ca/futureshop/pdf/remote/NS-1054%20install%20english.pdf

thanks for helping man. hope i can make it run this weekend.

tianot
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2010 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
From those instructions, set the rear jumper to second ignition, connect the 5th. relay wire straight to the second ignition. There's no transponder immobiliser that year but if there's factory security, you might want to enable the key sense wire from the unit's white ground when running wire.
tianot 
Posted: May 12, 2010 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
hi howie! ok, thanks man. i check the 1992 lexus es300 wiring diagram, i dont see any key sense wire available on this model. what should i do?
tianot
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2010 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
OK, maybe there's a factory alarm disable if there's a factory alarm on the car.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic