icon

automobile electrical

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nhat179 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2010 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
Hi, I'm new with auto electrical and I'm studying for my test but there were some question that confused me. Here they are.
1. When doing starter current draw test, the amp and inductive pick up lead should be connected to
a. Vehicle ground cable.
b. Positive cable of AC generator.
c. Tester positive lead.
d. Tester negative lead.
2. When testing remote mounted starter relay, you should
a. Ensure the case is grounded.
b. Ensure the case is insulated.
c. Perform a voltage drop across the terminal with a test light.
d. Place ammeter in parallel with relay to measure resistor.
3. Charging system positive side voltage drop should not exceed.
a. 0.7V
b. 2.9V
c. 3.0V
d. 1.5V
4. A technician perform full field test and AC generator produces less than spec output. Problem is
a. Volt regulator.
b. AC generator.
c. Thermal limiter.
d. Battery.
5. A full field test requires technician bypass the
a. Starter.
b. Volt regulator.
c. Rectifier bridge.
d. Alternator.
6. Grounded circuit is
a. Strictly on ground side.
b. Does not need fuse.
c. Defective in a way that cause all current flow to ground before reaching the load or resistor in the circuit.
d. Protect the component of circuit by routing all of the current back to negative.
7. Directed transistor control switch of component is used in
a. Low current, high frequency.
b. Low current, low frequency.
c. High current, high frequency.
d. High current, low frequency.
8. Which device used to monitor the throttle position on computer control fuel system.
a. Potention meter.
b. Thermistor.
c. Transistor.
d. Piezo-electric crystal.
9. The polarity of the voltage applied to the electromagnetic coil of an actual working DC motor is changed by
a. Double pole double throw switch.
b. Commutator.
c. Collapsing the shield in coil.
d. Signal from ECM.
That's what they are, i was so confuse. Please help me with that, if you have explaination, that would be great. Thank you very much for your help.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2010 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
Do you just want answers?
Are there any questions you have omitted?
PS - IMO they are badly worded and vague.
A few have multiple answers...
nhat179 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2010 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
if you have answer only, it is fine. please help me with this thing. thank you very much.
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2010 at 3:33 AM / IP Logged  
IMO the best I can give is for you to understand the issues yourself.
I do not supply fish, but I will teach, equip & help you to fish.
And whilst the number of un-knowledgeable "qualified professionals" brings glee to my sadistic heart, I do not want to assist such efforts, nor add another Certification that compromises the reputation of others. (IE - the talented qualified or professional - EG; contributors in this forum.)
Besides, you only answered half of my questions and did not get the full points for the one you answered. Assuming a mere 50% is required....
FAIL.
And in all truthfulness - many of those questions I cannot provide a single correct answer to.
They are vague and poorly worded unless perhaps they refer to specific examples or texts. (EG Q4 - all are valid except (d) - unless the battery is the load)
I suspect however that those questions are probably from a source of very limited understanding - maybe from someone that also had previous answers and questions supplied.
If that is the case, then neither can they teach, nor progress new ideas and developments.
Go elsewhere to a good place of learning.
I'd gladly educate you, but not via forums & emails....
[ Am I being unfair? I once pointed out the 2% of INCORRECT answers (on average) supplied by MENSA for their own MENSA qualification tests. Not bad for a group that only accepts the "top 2% of intelligent(sic) people" - ie, they could miss out on the top 2%ers and have 4%ers instead. Kinda ironic I thought!
Anyhow, a mensa friend thought I was being unfair.   Agreed - 100% correct, but unfair. ]
nhat179 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2010 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone can help me please?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2010 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
No because I agree absolutely with Peter, especially the first line of his second post. I couldn't even understand half the questions except 3 where the answer is b. Also WTH is a potention meter? I know what a potentiometer is.
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2010 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
3b eh? And here I am thinking 1V is bad - I'll want under 0.5V for lighting etc.... Maybe 1V overall drop... LOL! But I do have high standards (with cheap solutions).
I still find the questions ambiguous....
nhat179 - when is your test?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2010 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
I was thinking of a drop test thus I obviously agree with you about the vague questions.
mrarff 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2010 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
I'm no expert at all, but I DO understand reasonable grammar and good sentence formation. Perhaps I'm too old and not hip enough, but I wouldn't answer that which is "pidgin english."
"That'll get ya 10 in Leavenworth,11 in Twelveworth, or 5 & 10 in Woolworth". Groucho Marx                                                      
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2010 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
Do we mean for example "Hi I'm new with auto electrical" or "but there were some question that confused me" ? Look at my post on "This week's rant". Read between the lines because I have constantly thought that if you can't be bothered to check your grammar, can you be bothered to check your work?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic