automobile electrical

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2010 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
Gentlemen & GentleWomen.... please!
Let's not lose site of (IMHO) the BIG issue here.... (speaking as one that has learnt the King's English).
It is the vagueness of the questions themselves....
Sometimes this is due to the wording, spelling and grammar.
But like Q4....
And I hope Q6 is (a) as the "best" answer (but I can imagine others thinking otherwise).
Q7 is probably d, but b is valid, but all depend on definitions (eg - high currents require thyristors...)
And although now the answers seem a bit more obvious because it seems to be an "electrician's" test (hence don't care about starting an engine), I still find Q2 interesting (except option (d)), and as for Q3.....
But I'd probably refuse to sit a classically sexist test like that anyhow - unless there were no female-brained people sitting for it....
I'll leave further entertainment until nhat179 replies with the when.... unless I decide to give my answers automobile electrical - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. automobile electrical - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
mrarff 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2010 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  
Dearest Howie, my comment WAS NOT intended for you, rather for the clumsy way in which the original post was written and answered by the new member. I totally agree with the premise of educating rather than  simply giving  answers. If you merely supply answers to someone trying to learn a profession, then no one has accomplished anything. Your posts were quite literate, which in turn baffles me as to you not being able to "read between the lines" as you so aptly described my disability. I guess  I'm just getting old, as I haven't embraced the art of internet shorthand. Ten thousand appologies for my shortcommings.
"That'll get ya 10 in Leavenworth,11 in Twelveworth, or 5 & 10 in Woolworth". Groucho Marx                                                      
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2010 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
mraff of course my comment wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at the first poster! I was just pointing out that I just can't be bothered to even help if the grammar and syntax is bad, of course Oldspark toleratyes it 'cause he's Strine, all they do is borrow weapons off us and the Americans and play cricket, rugby and mess with sheep.
Aplogies to the first poster if English isn't your first language.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2010 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
mrarff - I agree with Howard (except for rail guns, stealth finders and warfare techniques that sink the aforementioned's carriers - and though we have or had more sheep per capita, it is the Kiwis that have the sheep reputation), I did not see the comment as being aimed at you.
But it took a while for me to figure out who/what your (mrarff's) comment was directed at....
Alas both above show the ease of misinterpretation and mis-expression.
---- Now I'm back from feeding the kookas (kookaburras) - as I wrote mis-expression, I heard the laughter from the back. Very astute those birds. Having them here is pretty good for an inner-urban area. They probably came with some drop-bears to scare the yanks.... -----
Sorry about that interruption, but as we say, nature calls. (I'm glad it's near midday. Any earlier and I'd regret the recent banning of firearms. Noisy damn birds!)
But I've lost it anyway....
I've already broken my no-reply until nhat179 replies promise (though it did delay my interjection until after Howard's clarification).
Besides, whilst other strines play their cricket (though it is footy season at the moment, and I wouldn't know about rugby), I'm due at a competition with some New Zealanders to win back our former reputation. Ruddy usurpers.
PS - My "Gentlemen & GentleWomen.... please!" reply was intended in the general joke nature of this thread. It was "said" in a higher-pitched over-emphasised tone - not a deeper assertive or serious tone.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2010 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
Back in school "C" was the most common answer...Good Luck...(or just be a bit more specific)
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic