icon

2010 nissan rogue bypass issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ynot80 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2010 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
This is the first one Ive done . Its got the smart key system (not push start). Im trying to figure out if I missed something . It doesnt seem to recognize the key in the bypass (Xpresskit model TBXKEY). The nissan tech I talked to said all I needed was the metal key part of the fob. I can get it to remote start with the key and fob together and in the car but not with just the key in the bypass box. Not sure if I forgot to connect a wire or if I need the whole key and fob assembly in the box . I also tried wiring up a relay triggered by the 2nd status (blue/white wire on a Automate AM6.2 remote start) to power up the key sense wire . I located 2 key sense wires as listed on the direct techs site . Neither one seems to work getting it to start . All it does is power up the ignition, never attempts to crank the engine.
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2010 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
the metal key doesnt have the transponder chip in it, its on the circuit board of the fob
Ynot80 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2010 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  

jim hunter wrote:
the metal key doesnt have the transponder chip in it, its on the circuit board of the fob
  It remote starts if I stick the metal key in the ignition without any fob in the vehicle and the Nissan tech I talked to said the chip was in the metal key . Which is all adding to my confusion lol

blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2010 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  

1. not familiar with the 2010 rogue but work on alot of altimas. i may be wrong, but how is it a  smart key if its not push button start. i thought that was the main point of the smart key?

2. for a 2010 rogue(smart key or not) xpresskits.com doesnt say anything about using a tbxkey. for the smart key you should be using an 1101t, dlpk, xk09, xk07, or canmax400

Ynot80 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2010 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged  
blanx218 wrote:

1. not familiar with the 2010 rogue but work on alot of altimas. i may be wrong, but how is it a  smart key if its not push button start. i thought that was the main point of the smart key?

2. for a 2010 rogue(smart key or not) xpresskits.com doesnt say anything about using a tbxkey. for the smart key you should be using an 1101t, dlpk, xk09, xk07, or canmax400

Its got the fob like the push starts but still has a ignition cylinder like normal that you turn . Its kind of stupid actually lol. I have a feeling I need a different bypass . Its been a while since Ive done remote starts so Im not too familar with the new stuff . Im learning as I go .  I was told that it was like any other remote start I just had to stick the key in the bypass and it would work . I wasnt so sure about that and now Ive found out I was right .
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2010 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  

Get an Idatalink ADSALCA with NIS5.5 firmware and the install is E-Z .

Takes care of the transponder and allows takeover, correctly.

jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2010 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
if you insert the key in the cylinder yes its the manual override from nissan in the event the remote dies, but n order for it to remote start you need a special interface that "tricks" the computer into thinking the fob is in the car when its not or else the ign wont power up, look into a i data link interface, and it will involve different wiring, the smart key is set up so that as long as the fob is n the car the ign barrel will turn without inserting the key, similar to how a push to start will allow you to only push to start if fob is present, these type of vehicles are not for the inexperienced or even the long ago experienced installer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic