alpine cda 117 pauses

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
absavino 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2010 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I just had my CDA-117 replaced with another CDA-117 after I noticed the player pausing intermittingly while playing a CD (new or old). Just a second or two. Well the new one was fine for a couple of weeks, now it is doing it also. It is driving me crazy. :crazy:
Could this be a problem with the head unit? It is after all a new model. I have done a search on the web and have not found anyone else with this problem. But it is not improbable that I just happened to get two bad ones. Maybe a bad batch.
Could it be electrical? Maybe it is happening when the radio is playing but I just haven't noticed it yet.
Anybody have any ideas? I am going to contact Alpine but who knows where that will lead. I had it installed so I am going back there but I'd hate for them to replace it and have it happen again.
Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Setup: Alpine CDA-117 HU; front Alpine SPR-17S and rear Alpine SPR-17C powered by a JVC Arsenal KS-AR7004 amp; two 8 inch kicker woofers powered by a Kicker 08ZX4001 amp.   

absavino 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2010 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  

Update. I swapped out the HU for the Alpine iDA-X305S. It does not have a cd player but now I noticed a pause when listening to Sirius. Incidentally, the sirius antenna receiver also went out last week and was replaced.  This makes me believe it is something electrical with the wiring, car and/or stereo. I also noticed a sound once in a while coming from the engine compartment when I had the hood open. The sound that is made sounds like the sound made when a car battery is almost dead where it kind of clicks/grinds for a few seconds when the key is turned. Could this be the altenator?

I think now I will attempt the Big 3 https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~73496~PN~1~TPN~1

I don't know how to solder but if I can get the wires cut properly and crimped, I probably could find somebody to do the soldering.  

Anyone in the DFW area willing to help? alpine cda 117 pauses -- posted image.

nismo542 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2010 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  

i wouldnt attempt any other electrical mod until you figure out exactly what the problem is.  check your battery for corrosion.  a buildup on the battery posts can cause a total system voltage drop that can start affectiong electronics.  the minimum voltage for a radio to work is usually around 10 volts.  if you are getting close to this then that could be your problem.

this clicking/grinding would be a started most likely and probably isnt realted to your problem, but could be an indication of a degrage voltage problem.

nismo542 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2010 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
if there is build up you can clean it with a diet soda, it work great to clear off corrosion.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic