icon

astroflex mv, no model number

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lavacube 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2010 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all, I have been searching and searching for quite some time now, trying to find some information on my car's remote starter.
First off, it is an Astroflex MV. There is nothing else to the Model number. There is a part number printed on the box, which is 392-127-300 Rev1 (apparently useless to me and all of you fine people).
There is not a serial number printed on the device, I'm not sure why or if it was stolen in the past or whatever, I have no idea. It came installed in my vehicle when I purchased it.
I do, however, have a Batch Number, which I'm guessing is about as useless as the Part no. The Batch number is OF07249-003 08/06.
Secondly, my vehicle is a 2007 Chevrolet Optra LT 4-door Hatchback (Canadian only vehicle, as far as I understand). I purchased it used with only 22,000km on it.
My situation is this:
My batteries died in my key fob's back in February of this year... Both died within a few weeks of each other, so I know it wasn't a an issue with the unit under my dash, as they didn't fail to work at the same time.
I recently replaced the dead batteries after only realizing how hot is has been getting outside and wanted to use my remote starter to cool the vehicle down before going out.
I thought maybe the key fobs would just simply work upon replacing the batteries. Apparently not. So I've been searching around trying to find out how to re-sync them, I guess. I've tried everything under the sun trying to follow the guide in various manuals found at the AstroStart website, however I am starting to believe maybe the procedure is different for my unit. Not having an actual model number seems to be making this a very tough situation for me.
I would like to have this thing working, somehow... any information would be great.
I'm thinking maybe I am doing the procedure incorrectly, somehow, I'm not sure. One thing I am unsure of is if I actually have to start the engine when it says to turn the key to the "On" position. I've tried both ways and have been unsuccessful so far.
Thank you in advance, any info would be greatly appreciated.
lavacube 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2010 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
Oh, forgot to mention the information on the back of my key fobs:
Astroflex, Inc.
FCC ID: J5F-TX903
IC: 1854A-TX903
Mod.: TX050A
saskpuller 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2010 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  

Where in Sask are you located? I believe that u have a 903U AStrostart.

1) Did you check the on/off switch located under the dash?

2) The remotes should not have lost programming so did you check the batteries in the remote fobs?

3) If all that is ok, push up dip switch #8. Hit the brake. push (and hold for three seconds)  any button on the remote fob. The red led light on the brain box should have flashed. If so, down with dip switch 8 and hit brake. If not, repeat brake and buttons until light flashes.

4) Depending on where in Riderville you are, I caould send you somewhere that could help you.

lavacube 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2010 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  
saskpuller wrote:

Where in Sask are you located? I believe that u have a 903U AStrostart.

Moose Jaw (yeah, yeah, I know... not a cool place to live, haha)
saskpuller wrote:

1) Did you check the on/off switch located under the dash?

All is when in that regard.
saskpuller wrote:

2) The remotes should not have lost programming so did you check the batteries in the remote fobs?

Not sure what you mean by check the batteries, I bought all new CR2016's according to what was in there (the old batters had that engraved in them). New ones cost me like $20 for all 4 (2 per fob, 2 fobs)
saskpuller wrote:

3) If all that is ok, push up dip switch #8. Hit the brake. push (and hold for three seconds)  any button on the remote fob. The red led light on the brain box should have flashed. If so, down with dip switch 8 and hit brake. If not, repeat brake and buttons until light flashes.

Do I need to have the car turned on with engine idling, or just on, or even completely off? Or does it even matter?
I'll give this a try tomorrow if I get the chance.
saskpuller wrote:

4) Depending on where in Riderville you are, I caould send you somewhere that could help you.

I literally lost my job today so taking it in anywhere is an expense I cannot afford at this very moment (unless you know of somewhere that would help me out in return for building them a website? - that is my skill in the everyday world). Going job hunting tomorrow in Moose Jaw & Regina, so maybe if I can find something soon perhaps in a few weeks. :-)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic