icon

stereo in 32 ford tudor sedan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
akuhead 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2010 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  

I'm hoping this is ok to post this question here. What I'm after are just a couple of suggestions for a stereo system for my old car. No big amps, no sub-woofers. Kinda just a basic system that would include 6 speakers (all hidden) and a good stereo that has the capability of a plug-in I-pod or USB thumb drive. It also needs to be able to be remotely controlled, as it will be hidden under a front seat. The radio function probably won't be used much, as the antennae will be under the running boards and don't provide very good reception in that location. Also, the car will not be that well insulated as far as sound deadening. It's really a hotrod

stereo in 32 ford tudor sedan -- posted image.

Anyone willing to suggest or recommend something? Brand? etc. I've had good luck in the past with Pioneer stuff, but don't really know what's now available in the market place.

Thanks for any and all help/advice, etc. Oh yeah, it's all 12 volts

Regards, Jim

akuhead 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2010 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  

I also forgot to add that I'd like to install 2 rear speakers (6x9?) in the rear corners behind the fabric between the side glass and the rear glass, 2 into the side panels in the doors or right behind the doors (maybe 6"?), and 2 into the headliner above the windshield, maybe 3" round. A CD player is kind of optional for my purposes.

Thanks again

Jim

topinstaller200 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2010 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  

Stay with Pioneer. You have had good luck with it before so go with what you know.

I would recommend you forget about the overhead speakers because you will throw off the sound stage.

(ie: when you go to a concert there is speakers in front of you mainly and some in back of you. None above you)

Because of the lack of sound deadening you should definately add a 4-ch amp under the seat. The crossovers built into the amp will remove any distortion and will protect your speakers

akuhead 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2010 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  

Thank you Topin200, I appreciate the guidance

Regards

Jim

remarkable53 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2010 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  

Hey we did a "frame-up" about a month ago and i used no radio at all but took the JL Audio CL-RLC controller/line driver along with a little 4 channel amp and customer used his iPod or any other source and he controlled the volume with the controller which is a line driver and supplies ample current to drive the iPod signal into the amp.  He loved it because it was damn near invisable.  He didn't need a radio or CD player because he had all his music on his iPod which you most likely have as well. 

Anyway you were looking for suggestions and i thought that this worked out so well that i would put it out for your consideration.

remarkable53

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic