icon

jl audio 6w3v3 sub

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cvame 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2010 at 3:02 AM / IP Logged  
Does any one have any experience with the JL Audio 6W3v3  6" sub?  Im considering a couple of these for mid bass in the 70 - 300Hz range. Any information or opinions would be greatly appreciated, Thanks
remarkable53 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2010 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
       excellent choice if given the correct amount of power and crossovers set correctly which you seem to have a handle on.  Are you planning on having them in any type of enclosure or utilized as an infinite baffle? All in all an excellent speaker and you really can't go wrong.  I would however be somewhat cautious about setting the high pass @ 300hz but would experiment a bit.  I believe the driver is certainly capable of working in that high of range but "working" and sounding good is two different things imho....
remarkable53
cvame 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2010 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply remarkable, Im trying to decide between either a Rockford 8" or the JL 6.5" to rock serious mid bass.. Ive never heard these little subs for myself so i dont know how good they sound. I meant to write 70 - 150Htz range, dont know why i put 300 (brain fart) Im hopeing to lasso a JL HD900/5 for the powerplant.  As for the enclosure if i go with the JL's, either a sealed kick panel or a sealed door pod?  I guess my question should be is, "will they rival  a fosgate P2-8" ??
roadshop570 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2010 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  

Even thouth the JL is smaller is still is a stronger speaker, I used 4 JL 6wo a couple of years ago in a sealed enclosure it it was louder and cleaner than most 4 10" speakers that guys had they only rated 60watts rms but were awesome on the JL 250/1 d-class so in my opinion the 6w3v3 will be superior from sub or mid-bass range.

Chadillac
cvame 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2010 at 1:53 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your opinion roadshop, i appreciate it. I'm really leaning towards the JL's now. Id just like to hear them first, tryin to find a shop in my area (phoenix) that stocks them.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic