compustar alarm 900fm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
akatdog 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2010 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:

the 900fm is the one with the blue or grey remotes i assume.

cycle the ignition 5 times, wait for a click, press lock, wait to hear 2 clicks then turn off ign.

you can simulate this by tapping the ign wire to constant 12v.

thats where im confused, what wire is the ignition wire? my harness has 4 wires and none of them are labeled ignition power...
akatdog 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2010 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
ok, got almost everything figured out, problem was the cycling the ignition 5 times...
my old alarm used a positive wire for the lock and unlock, this alarm uses negative wire for it, how do i make this work? Thanks
akatdog 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2010 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
ok thanks to tedmond here at the forum i got this working
just a little confused at the fact that this alarm only has negative door wires?
i had to buy 2 relay and change the negative wires from the alarm to over to positive for my doors which was a pain in the ass and alot more wires, the alarm i installed in my car back in 1998 even had positive and negative wires for the door but everything seems to be working fine now, Thanks guys.
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2010 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
next time use a DM-600.
"dont ground out!"
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2010 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  

the door lock outputs unfortunatly are not flip flip polarity and only negative,

but if youre talking about door TRIGGER inputs, then the compustar works both on neg OR positive (jumper setting)

oh dswift, you and the compustar relay pack lol, since im no dealer its more cost effective if i just use 2 relays and the harnesses compustar alarm 900fm - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2010 at 3:15 AM / IP Logged  
Ted Mr, Swift has a point, when you're a pro looking at speed and efficiency, and you charge for these accessories, case in point, 528t costs me $9, I can buy an equivalent Velleman kit for $7.5 then spend an hour building it. What does that hour cost me?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2010 at 5:21 AM / IP Logged  
Update on do you buy or make it yourself.....DEI do a mini relay 8616 which is great for mirror closing polarity switching etc.
For the price of one, £3.90 = $6, I can buy 10 from RS Components (Farnell in the US), with enough change to add shrink sleeving and diodes (which they don't).
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2010 at 5:31 AM / IP Logged  
i just use standard bosche relays and harnesses. 5bucks for the set but the relay pack is much more compact
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic