icon

2003 expedition, radio says error

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lopez1460 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2010 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
my question is that my ford expedition 2003 radio all it says is error, one day when i was loading cds ,when i put the 3rd one i got this error ,so if any one know anything that i can do let me know..
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 07, 2010 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
Does your radio have navigation?
This information is provided only as a reference.
All circuits should be verified with a digital multi-meter prior to making any connections.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 07, 2010 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  

This is a common problem with the Ford (any Manufacturers for that matter) 6 disc changers.  The problem is, there is a disc that has moved from it's desired location.  The elevator can not move past that disc.  It is a pretty easy fix if you are at least slightly mechanically inclined.  you will need a set of Ford radio removal keys available for a few dollars at your local auto parts store.  You will also need a t-15 torx driver and a #1 Phillips screwdriver.  Prefferably a screwdriver with a very good tip.  If you get all that and want to give it a go, just let me know.

The radio removal keys may not be needed for that vehicle.  Are there 2 holes on each side of the face of the radio?

mtparker18 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2010 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  

The same thing happened to my 03. I loaded the disk and it wouldn't load or eject. I ended up buying an Eclipse nav and putting it in.

i am an idiot wrote:

The radio removal keys may not be needed for that vehicle.  Are there 2 holes on each side of the face of the radio?

You don't need keys, you have to take the dash face apart and you can un-screw the unit from the vehicle.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic