python 881xp 2 way remote problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
black78ta 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2010 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys,
All of a sudden, the two-way function on my two way remote for the Python 881XP alarm installed on my car stopped working. The remote still operates the vehicle's alarm with no problems, but whenever I press any button on the remote, it beeps three times as if to say that the remote is not in range. Additionally, the display does not show whether the vehicle is running, locked/unlocked, etc. Any ideas?
topinstaller200 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2010 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
Ideally take it back to the shop that installed it. It should be under warranty. If was working all along and then stopped the problem is most likely in your  transmitter TX can still work RX may be shot. There may be a programming option that turns the 2-way feature off to save remote battery power
black78ta 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2010 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, but I'm the one who installed it about four or five years ago now. Anyone else have any similar problems or fixes?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2010 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged  
Have you tried installing a freash battery?
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2010 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
Hardly likely the battery is the problem! From experience, it's normally the remote!
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
imaxorzz 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2010 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
I'm curious if this ever got resolved.
I'm having the same issues, my remote operates the car normally, but I don't get any confirmatrion back and the remote acts as if it is out of range, even though it performs the task.
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2010 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  

Inside the remote are 2 boards, that mate together with two connectors.  The solder joints on the legs of the connector can easily break free from the board that they're soldered onto.  A real fine tip iron should do the job.

I've fixed many of these transmitters, it's a common  problem.

imaxorzz 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2010 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
Just took it apart, and both on the connectors seem to be attached good to the circuit board.
I do see a bunch of corrosion at the top of one of the boards, my guess that has something to do with the 2-way function not working.
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2010 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  

That could be it.  They sell a glass fibre brush that is EXCELLENT for cleaning corrosion and water damage off of circuit boards, with damaging them.  but be very careful when using them, the glass fibers break off and can stick around.

DOUBLE check those connections.  The break can be almost un noticable.  Look at them REALLY close.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic