run lock ignition setup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
impala05 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2010 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  

Hello members,

Recently joined, have referenced this site many times.  I have searched this forum extensively and found one other post in reference to a "Run Lock Ignition" setup.  The post did not have a conclusion that helped me.

I want to wire a "Run Lock Ignition" setup with toggle switch and relays for my 2005 Impala.  My plan is to have car running, turn toggle on, remove key, lock car.  I understand I need 12V to Accesory and both Ignition wires.  And hope to incorporate brake switch trigger wire to shutdown engine when key is removed.  I do not need nor do I want to have remote start.  I know they have the functionality I desire.  Can someone provide a diagram for what I am looking for?

I was an installer many years ago, left biz around 1996.  I do have a 555L still in my old parts box if it will be needed.  Thanks for any help!

topinstaller200 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2010 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  

you dont need a 555L or anything because once the vehicle is running it will stay running if you hotwire it

all you need is 2 relays and a toggle switch

1 relay for ignition wires and 1 for accessory wires if you want ac/heat,windows and radio to work

take your standard valet toggle 2 wire switch and hook 1 to your Pink IGN wire and hook the other wire to

terminal 86 of each relay (jumper is ok)

hook 85 of each relay to +brake wire(white wire at brake switch

hook 87 of each relay to the RED 12V+ wire(use at least 12ga wire)

hook 30 of one relay to PINK IGN wire and DARK GREEN 2nd IGN wire

hook 30 of the other relay to both ORANGE and BROWN ACC wires

test 1: with car running turn toggle switch on then remove key--- car should remain running and all accesssories should still operate normally(radio,ac/heat,windows)

flip toggle off car should turn off

test 2: with car running turn toggle switch on then remove key--- car should remain running and all accesssories should still operate normally(radio,ac/heat,windows

depress brake pedal for 3 seconds car should turn off

when you reenter car and insert key to Run Position be sure to turn off toggle so as your relays will not be clicking everytime you press the brake

PS -----this a complete Jerry Rig but will work

impala05 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2010 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks topinstaller200!

I understand it is not most practical setup, but will do what I need.  I appreciate your time reading my post and providing quick response.  I will get to it in next few days, too damn hot and humid in Nashville today even in the gargae! 

eljefecito 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2010 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
topinstaller200,please, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic