icon

funny amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
§ealed-fate 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2010 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged  
I have a '91 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale, no big 3 upgrade not exactly sure on the battery and alt, but my question is ...
I have 2 amps in my trunk, one is a Kicker ZX1000.1 Class D Mono, for the subs then for the highs a Pyramid Arctic Series 1000 watt 4 channel. Running 4 gauge wire from bat to a dist. Block which splits out into 8 guage wire (poorly done I know) BUT! before you say that is the problem, it has worked fine for about 5 months now. I am a heavy ride around type of guy and always have my music cranked to the max and I've never had voltage drop(unless parked, car running) or have had no overheating of the amps at all, they dont even get warm. My problem is, me and a friend were putting some foam crap in my car in hoping to stop some rattles and somewhere while doing that it has caused my Pyramid that powers my highs to cut ou when the bass hits, and once again Ive looked to see if its a voltage drop, and its not. I have checked all the connections to both amps and everything looks tight and secure and in the right place. I have no idea whqt is causing this Pyramid amp to go into Protect, thinkin about removing the foam see if that helps cuz it started when we put it in LOL (i kid)
I can turn my HPF on my pioneer radio to 125hz and turn the radio up loud and the highs wont cut out, but then I cant really hear the subs cuz of the HPF.
Also I should mention that these 2 amps share the same remote wire, could this all of a sudden caused a problem? I do notice when I cut the amps off and restart em, either the sub amp is late to come on, or the highs amp is late to come on. Either or are late you never know which one, and sometimes they both take a minute to come on. I just dont know where to go from here I want my bass and I want my highs back all at same time. Would hate to connect those speakers back to radio cuz then I won hear the words o music lol if anyone could point me in the right direction, thanks
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 20, 2010 at 5:30 AM / IP Logged  

With the music playing, pound on the 4 channel amp with your fist.  Does it cut out?

§ealed-fate 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2010 at 6:11 AM / IP Logged  
No sir, I pounded on the amp pretty good too and it did not cut out. :S
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2010 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  
Damn, we were hoping it would fry so you could buy a good amp. Check the ground on the amplifier where it attaches to the vehicle.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 21, 2010 at 6:28 AM / IP Logged  
If you can not see any problems with the power or ground wiring, it may be time to use a volt meter to see how low the voltage is dropping while playing the music loud enough to make that amp cut out.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic