icon

06 lincoln navi ceiling mounted dvd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
maineaka12 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2010 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
dad has stock ceiling mounted dvd player in truck. he is wanting to change it as its to small for him... does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove and wiring cause i was trying to remove it but had a problem...also any suggestions on wiring.. any advice would be great as this is a late fathers day gift
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,669
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 22, 2010 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
Does it have Panasonic written on the face of it anywhere?  If so, did you remove the visible screws? 
roadshop570 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2010 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
Once unit is removed/unplugged using a multimeter you should be able to probe for the constant (12v) with vehicle off, next find the switched wire (acc)with vehicle on, then if optioned the dome light trigger switch, probing each wire with doors closed then open drivers door to see a 12v+/- change, the unit you are going to use may have a polarity switch for the dome trigger, if not you will add a relay if needed on a negative switch, all of these wires should be located in the original harness, good luck.
Chadillac
maineaka12 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2010 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
ok i ended up installing it jus tagged wires to dome light and finished install...but pops didnt want me to have holes in roof liner for bracket..so i made the adjustments to get it up there... then he messed up not knowing how to switch ac in rear from top to floor and blamed me and made me remove it when all it was..was that he didnt know about the controls in overhead up front...but hey gotta love pops LMAO...thanks to all who replied

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic