icon

adding sensors to viper 5902

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
santafe98 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2010 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, This is my first, please be kind!! I have the Viper 5902 alarm installed in my Hyundai Santa fe. I have ordered the 508D, 506T and 507M sensors to add to it. I am a bit unsure of how to hook them all up to the alarm! It says in the manual that I can plug a sensor into the optional sensor port, but how can I add all three?!
I also want them to come up on the remote as separate zones (the demo function on the remote shows it with 'Glass Sensor' etc coming up. I also want to be able to bypass the sensors on the remote, is all of this possible?!
I also heard it is possible to add a switch to the sensors, in case they false alarm in rain, etc. Where would I wire these? Thanks so much in advance for all your help!
topinstaller200 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2010 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  

ok, you definately overkilled the sensor part of your alarm. the 508D is a two stage field disturbance sensor designed for convertibles, jeeps, t-tops, etc. Those particular sensors are more likely to false your alarm than protect your car.

the 506T is for glass breakage which may already covered by your shock sensor

the 507M  digital tilt sensor great for protecting your rims or to let you know your car was just repoed

Anyway red wire of each sensor to 12V+ constant

orange wire to orange ground when armed wire, diode isolate all. you can just hook up the blue wire of each sensor to the blue - trigger input of the alarm

jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2010 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  
I have several thoughts on this.. I had a glass breakage sensor at one time and found it to false alarm more than anything even set at mid level. I would return it and stick with the 508D. Even though you don't have a convert, I have found it to be the best warn away defense of any alarm sensor. Providing you don't have metallic tint on your windows. If you do the outer zone will not function properly. So the 508D and tilt can be plugged into the same port. Take the harness of the 508D and snip the blue/green wires at a point where the lead of the tilt sensor can connect. Adjoin the blue wire from the senor side of the 508D to the green wire leading to the brain... and the blue wire on that harness that leads to the brain, connect that to the blue wire of the tilt. On your remote it should differ the 2 sensors... this is how mine is hooked up. I would leave the main -blue wire off the main harness H1/8 free to connect to a hood pin or negative trunk trigger wire.
santafe98 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2010 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you so much for your replies, so helpful! Looks like the 506t is going to be more hassle than it's worth, might be sending that back to amazon..! I wasn't sure about the 508d, but I work in Romania a lot and security situation isn't great there so need as much protection as possible!
If I connect up the sensors as written above will I be able to bypass the sensors separately via the remote? I would like to sometimes switch off the 508d, whilst still keeping the 507m active, as I have heard rain/snow can cause false alarms. Otherwise if I needed to hard wire a switch on the 508d, how would/where I do that? Thanks so much for your help, and replies!
jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2010 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for your interest. And like Topinstaller mentioned, a properly mounted shock sensor will also trigger alarm if someone were to smash your window. Just follow the directions on mounting and adjusting sensors. As for the 508D, make sure it is not surrounded or covered by any metal..ie in your center console. Leave the wire loops on the Tilt at default. You can bypass single and multiple zones using your remote. The install or owners guide will tell how to do this. Shouldn't need switches. One thing I usually do when I park in my garage is silent arm my alarm to turn off warn away chirps...since my brother gets up early and leaves for work, I don't want the prox sensor chirping at 5am. To silent arm you press AUX, then ARM/Lock. It eliminates warn away chirps of all sensors, but yet still goes off if instant triggers are violated. So 508D would still work if inner zone was violated..or someone were to loiter around the outer zone..that will also trigger it adventually. Hope it works out!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic