icon

1999 civic lx 4 dr with viper 350 plus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
acesh009 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2010 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing a Viper 350 Plus I recently purchased. I have wired alarms in the past but this is kicking my butt. The alarm is all wired in except for the 2 wires (blue and green) for keyless entry and the door trigger wire. Everything is open so that I can test and make sure everything was working properly before tucking it away. PROBLEM I am unable to get the driver side door to lock and unlock. Every other door will lock and unlock with the blue and green wired to the GREEN/ orange and green white respectively. I have tapped into the WHITE/ red and blue /red wires to see if it would just lock the driver door (failure). If anyone has run into this problem or can find out if I missed a step please let me know. Thanks
jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2010 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
Here you go... apparently the drivers door is on a separate circuit for lock/unlock. If that door is all you care about..then here's the wire codes
Driver's Lock      WHITE/ Red        Driver's Kick Panel
Driver's Unlock Blue/Red      Driver's Kick Panel
If you had an alarm system that had a second impulse for additional locks, use you could that feature..but 350 does not have that to my knowledge.
acesh009 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2010 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
Well I tried wiring the WHITE/ red and blue/red separately and nothing. I not sure what to do...
jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2010 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
Oh I guess you already tried that. Sorry I missed that part. I guess the only thing to try is reverse the wires. Maybe the wiring is different in your car.
acesh009 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2010 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
Is the door suppose to lock and unlock with the lock/unlock switch when door is closed? My only other guess would be the motor is shot...
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 23, 2010 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
Sometimes you have to start with the basics.
Does the driver side lock work with the switch?
Does the GREEN / WHITE and GREEN/ orange wires go to ground when you operate the lock and unlock switch, respectively?
Does the WHITE/ red motor wire show 12V when the switch is moved to the lock position?
Does the blue/red wire show 12V when the switch is moved to the unlock position?
jcs091570 wrote:
Here you go... apparently the drivers door is on a separate circuit for lock/unlock. If that door is all you care about..then here's the wire codes
Driver's Lock       WHITE/ Red        Driver's Kick Panel
Driver's Unlock Blue/Red       Driver's Kick Panel
If you had an alarm system that had a second impulse for additional locks, use you could that feature..but 350 does not have that to my knowledge.
Those sound like the motor wires and not the switch wires. It is not recommended that the negative doorlock output wires be tied in to these wires.
This information is provided only as a reference.
All circuits should be verified with a digital multi-meter prior to making any connections.
acesh009 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2010 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
Does the driver side lock work with the switch? NO
Does the GREEN / WHITE and GREEN/ orange wires go to ground when you operate the lock and unlock switch, respectively? YES
Does the WHITE/ red motor wire show 12V when the switch is moved to the lock position? YES (Close to 12V)
Does the blue/red wire show 12V when the switch is moved to the unlock position? YES (Close to 12V)
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2010 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
If the motor wires in the door are getting proper voltage then you have a bad motor! Although a civic of that year i think required a motor to be fitted aftermarket!
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic