icon

prostart ct 5000

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rockyfarted 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2010 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone have any troubleshooting experience with the prostart 3in1 CT-5000 Module.  Ok here is the deal I went out the other day to remote start My 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and when I trie hitting the remote start the Jeep tried to start and the battery was almost dead so it tried to start but was too weak and the parking lights started blinking and it tried to restart again but the battery was still dead.  Now my problem is this after charging the battery up (sat too long without driving) it will open the doors with the keyless entry but no siren chirps and no remote start working.  When I open the hood to get into programming mode no parking light output anymore.  I hold the hood pin switch for 4 seconds and release and then push again nothing happens.  Also trying to get into programming via the button on the module no luck as well.  I disconnected the power wires from module and checked 3 fuses (all good).  Now after pulling out the fuses my keyless remote no longer works.   Did the module fry out.  I did notice that when I plug the wires back in I can feel the relay click twice and the light starts blinking on the antenna.  But I can`t get into programming.  I`ve done it tons of times before so I know how to do it.  I even tried to ground it elsewhere thinking it had a bad ground possibly but that made no difference. 
Just hookup the red wire to the black.....ooops
topinstaller200 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2010 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  

I have removed/ replaced several of those units with customers complaining of similiar problems. Battery died, charged battery or jump started then alarm never worked right. Same thing with the old Exclusive alarms and Checkmate alarms. Aolin barely works right out of box.

I say stop pulling you hair out and upgrade to a diferent manufacturers alarm

rockyfarted 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2010 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
Well I've had it for about 5 years now with no problems till now.  So I can't complain about the quality/brand, as i've never even had false alarms on it.  Even if I'd stick with the same brand again.   Anyone got a clue as to what I can try to get it to program again?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2010 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  

thats just a house brand for crappy tire, but manufactured but autostart.

when you plug it i, does the unit click?

open up your hood, and press the PAB (programming assistance button) on the side of the unit

if it clicks the unit is still funcitonal. Try to reprogram the remotes before doing any system changes.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
rockyfarted 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2010 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  

Well it clicks twice when I hookup the 3 main harness to it but thats about it.  It does not flash parkiing lights anymore or flash from the hoodpin even if i pit the grey wire directly to ground nothing happens or from the P.A.B. button.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2010 at 6:39 AM / IP Logged  

check for any blown fuses. your unit might be toast.

those things die out after 3 years or so. had to replace a few for customers.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
rockyfarted 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2010 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
Ok I've checked the fuses all good and now I have spoke with directed electronics as thats who bought out autostart/prostart and i've tried all they have said with no luck.  So my guess is the unit is done for.  Now I guess I'll just have them send me a new module since they have a lifetime warrenty on them you pay $45 for another module after the first 2 years of free replacement.   Guess thats my next move.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic