icon

super tweeters?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spmpdr 
Copper - Posts: 456
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2010 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
I have been doing some research on how to raise my sound stage, I have played with my eq settings and my t/a as well this has helped but my system is still a little low and to close to the listening position.I am trying to achieve a centered sound about mid windshield hieght that seem to be coming from 5-6 ft away.I am very close to this now.My sound is nicely centered and seems like its coming from the top of my dashboard for the most part but sounds like it is only 2-3ft away tops. I have seen where people have used a set of tweeter up high on the a - pillars crossed over some where between 8-9 khz. to bring up sound stage and add depth image to it with some great reported results. Does this sound like a good idea? I have a 2003 dodge ram reg cab , 3 way active set front stage tweets and upper mid in the kicks and mid bass in the doors. Any other suggestions / idea's would be greatly appreciated.
-A vision without a plan is just a hallucination-
topinstaller200 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2010 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  

does your 03 Dodge have a place for a center channel up in the dash? I know the 04's and up do.

I personally feel mounting tweeters so close to your head will throw off your sound stage big time.

If you dont have a center channel location the try a set of tweeter pods on dashboard with drivers tweeter facing passengers head and passengers tweeter facin drivers head. Do not permanantly mount twweters until you have sound checked them for your liking. You may have to play with a few configurations but it sounds like your almost there.

spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2010 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
I do have a center channel in my dash.should I just try one tweeter in that spot?I do plan on trying multiple locations for my tweeter placement.
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2010 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
I do have a center channel in my dash.should I just try one tweeter in that spot?I do plan on trying multiple locations for my tweeter placement.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic