icon

xr09100 acting funny

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2010 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  

Okay here's a new one for me but hopefully not for somebody. 

I installed a AVOX Prestige XR09100 remote start/alarm in a 03 cadillac deville with the FLCAN module flashed for this particular vehicle.  The problem that I'm having is that when i engage the remote start feature(press the start button 2x in 2 secs) i get "remote start shutdown" everytime.  It thinks that something is shutting it down.  I do not have the hood trigger connected at this time, and i disconnected the brake wire temporarily, and i still get a shutdown.  This particular unit does not have a neutral safety switch, so all of the inhibitors are disconnected!!

I do have it running d2d, but have also tried it hardwired with the same results.  The module is flashed correct as everything else is working fine(trunk release, door triggers, locks).  the lights are hardwired, but have also tried remote starting it with that disconnected as suggested by tech support.  12v constant is run directly to the battery as the wire at the ignition is to small.  I programmed it for voltage/tach/dbitach and i still get a shutdown everytime.  the engine is not even attempting to start, and i get no verification from the lights.  it goes right into "remote start shutdown", and i've only heard the confirmation siren chirp once or twice (confirmation that the alarm received the signal) but again shutdown right after.  When i don't hear the chirp the remote tells me shutdown.

i've tried two brains as thats what we thought the problem was, but it did it with the 2nd brain as well.  I've reflashed the module numerous times, and reprogrammed it to the car numerous times with no luck. 

Jay at AVOX  tech support said that he would have to speak to the engineers and see what they think because everything that we've tried isn't working.  They aren't there today and i won't have the vehicle again til 2maro so I just wanted to see if anybody had any clues.  AVOX list three ignitions but ignition 3 doesnt have polarity listed so i ignored hooking that up, but i don't see that triggering a shutdown anyways.     

Thanks for any answers or ideas...

...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2010 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  

joch1314-

I would recommend setting the unit to voltage mode.   Because the unit uses crank averaging, you will need to start the unit with the key 4 times before remote starting in voltage mode. 

If you get the same message,  turn on diagnostics (bank 3, feature 9), and count the parking light flashes to determine why the unit believes it is shutting down:

1 Flash Run timer expired

2 Flashes Low or no tach signal (RPM)

3 Flashes Positive or Negative inhibit wire activation

4 Flashes Control switch moved to the off position

5 Flashes RF shutdown, Remote signal received, or manual start trigger wire reactivated.

6 Flashes High tach signal (RPM)

7 Flashes Tach signal has not been learned

Hope this provides some help.

Lectric Guy

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic