icon

06 jeep, python 991

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blowndakrt 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2010 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
The DLPKCHG2 takes care of the second start/accessory wire through the MUX wire.
I don't feel the issue is with the bypass though. If it were the bypass, the vehicle would at the very least crank over.
This one is not even cranking over. Just instantly goes to remote start error on the 2 way. So that tells me its still in manual mode, or a safety is active. Hood pin is the only other safety used, and it is disconnected and taped up so it can't rest against anything to pick up the ground signal.
It honestly seems like its not accepting programming from the bitwriter for whatever reason. I can set it automatic, but still get the 7 flashes meaning manual mode. Also when I set it for 2 button press for remote start activation, it still only takes one button press to attempt to remote start.
The bitwriter shows automatic, as well as 2 button press activation. When I zapped it, it went back to manual and 1 button press. I changed them both back and still nothing.
I am seriously at a loss.
Shawn
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2010 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
what version of the chip do you have in your bitwriter?  also for the sake of it being in manual mode or not have you tried going through the shutdown sequence as if it was in manual mode to see if it was infact in manual mode?
Advanced
blowndakrt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2010 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
I am not sure on the chip in the bitwriter. I ordered it when I ordered the replacement Pythons. I did ask the distributor if I would need the update chip and he said the bitwriter I was buying already had the updated chip in it.
As far as trying it in manual mode, I only got the quick reference install sheet with the Python. And I didn't see where it talked about the steps to start it in manual mode.
Shawn
dasbogie 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2010 at 5:53 AM / IP Logged  
look up the manual for the viper 5701 on the downloads section of this site and scroll down to page 78.  Where it says engage the parking brake you just need to flip your neutral safety switch to on.  The manual for the 991 is on this site as well for reference. 
Advanced
blowndakrt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2010 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
So if it starts by doing the manual setup, what does that tell me besides its in manual mode? Where do I go from there?
If it doesn't that means something is not hooked up properly or one of the components is messed up.
I am gonna pull apart my bitwriter and check to see what it has in it. I know when it boots up it says the version its using, but don't remember what that was. So I will check both of those things out.
So if the bitwriter is not the proper version, will it still read, just not write to the brain?
Thanks
Shawn
dasbogie 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2010 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  

This is a silly question but you are using the "write" button on the bitwriter to save your changes, correct? 

Advanced
blowndakrt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2010 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
Yes I am using the write button. Then it goes to "Write Successful" "Please Wait". Then it takes a second or 2 then goes back to the very first programming option.
After I program it, and go back in with the bitwriter, all the changes I made show up on the bitwriter, but the brain isn't actually doing the changes that were made.
Shawn
dasbogie 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2010 at 2:39 AM / IP Logged  
ok, just making sure.  in some of the previous posts you talked about "zappin" it
Advanced
blowndakrt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2010 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
Update. New brain is installed and working fine.
The only issue we are having now, we can't get the sequence on the 2 way for the 2 button press for activation. But it does work fine under single button press for activation.
On the one way, you press the start button, wait about 1 second and press again, fires right up.
This does not work on the 2 way.
So does anyone know the proper 2 button start sequence to use on the 2 way remote?
Also, how do you do the button lock to stop accidental button press activation?
As far as the old unit, not really sure what was causing the issue. Just did the brain swap and changed to tach, learned tach, and did 2 button activation and it works just fine, as long as you are using the 1 way remote. The old unit wouldn't respond to even 1 button press activation setting. We are just chalking it up to a bad unit. I swapped the brain, antenna, and the remotes. So it could have been anyone of those things causing the issue.
Thanks
Shawn
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2010 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
On page 35 of the Python Owners Guide is the info for setting the key pad to "AutoLock"
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic