icon

sound quality 12's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2010 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2007 acura tsx i was wanting to do a SQ system in. I have two sets of Focal 165k2p with 2 JL Audio 300/2 amps to power them with. For subwoofer power i have a Sundown SAZ-3500. The only thing im wondering what to do is subs. I was looking at the Exodus Audio Shiva X 12s. I was wondering if anyone had experience with these subwoofers in a car audio application?
2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 13, 2010 at 1:09 AM / IP Logged  
I have a great deal of experience with it's cousins. I run a 10" Tumult in my car and a Tempest-X in my home. You won't find a better sounding sub (objectively speaking).
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2010 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  
Steven Kephart wrote:
I have a great deal of experience with it's cousins. I run a 10" Tumult in my car and a Tempest-X in my home. You won't find a better sounding sub (objectively speaking).
"Subjectively" speaking. "Objectively" speaking means there is empirical evidence and proof that said woofer DOES sound better than any other woofer. Since hearing is completely opinion based, "subjectively" is the correct phrase. sound quality 12's - Last Post -- posted image.
This being said, the woofer you are asking about (the Shivas) is an AMAZING sound quality woofer. Love them!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2010 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks Fellas!

With the stats being alot closer to what the Adire Audio Brahma was back in the day, would you say i should get similar output from these as well?

2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
Steven Kephart 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 13, 2010 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
haemphyst wrote:
"Subjectively" speaking. "Objectively" speaking means there is empirical evidence and proof that said woofer DOES sound better than any other woofer. Since hearing is completely opinion based, "subjectively" is the correct phrase. sound quality 12's - Last Post -- posted image.
That was the point. Since SQ can be so subjective I wanted to eliminate that from my claim. Otherwise I would have someone with a differing opinion saying "your wrong because my subjective opinion is that Superhype Sub sounds better". Objectively at reference levels the Shiva-X will have very low distortion with a flat frequency response. And I don't think there are any subs that can do it audibly better. In other words it will reproduce the music faithfully without adding anything to the source material. Isn't that, objectively, the ideal result of sound reproduction?
Steven Kephart 
Posted: July 13, 2010 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
jvillefinest wrote:

Thanks Fellas!

With the stats being alot closer to what the Adire Audio Brahma was back in the day, would you say i should get similar output from these as well?

That's really hard to say. The Brahma used a larger voice coil so it had better power handling which would aid it in higher output potential. But the Shiva-X is no slouch. Unless you are competing in SPL competitions I'm sure it will give you more than enough output.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic