icon

2006 mustang saleen

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
titan10 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2010 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  

Hi guys working on a 2006 Mustang Saleen I was wondering if I could get some advice, Iam following the wiring schematic for an 06 mustang which is the same. I have the following issues

The car will lock but not unlock, I have it looped to the dome supervisory wire and then the appropriate unlock, lock wires.

Cant figure out the loop for the trunk, should it be located to the trunck trigger or the trunck release?

Alarm sensor seems to not detect movement, I have it turned all the way to 15 and it cant detect tampering.

Any help would be great if possible.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2010 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
Test the car's lock and unlock wires, test your alarm's output.
If the dome light comes on when you unlock, before opening the door, you don't need dome supervision.
If you are trying to get trunk opening to set off the alarm, then you want the trigger .
Can't talk about the sensor till you tell us what alarm and what sensor!
titan10 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2010 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the help, the alarm system is a python model 991. I got the keyless entry to work, the doors unlock and lock and the trunk now pops open as well. The car alarm system seems to be weak to detect an impact and it has no additional impact sensor it appears as the impact sensor is built in the module itself. At this point if I open a door the alarm does not go off. If I close the door the alarm chirps three times and sends notification of the sensor to the pager remote. But the alarm siren does not fully go off. Lastley relating to your question about the dome light it does not turn on, before opening the door, and your forums discuss this as well as motortv they indicated to route it to the dome supervisor wire which I did.. Any ideas?

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2010 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
I'm guessing that from your description you have n/c door contacts (or triggers). Check on this site on the vehicle wiring section to confirm, if so you need a DEI part, DTIMazda.
brent w 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2010 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
If the siren went off a few times, but then just chirps check to make sure nuisance prevention is off while testing. Might be completely off base with this, but it threw me off the first time i installed a dei alarm on a car and tried testing and adjusting sensors.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic