icon

powering up crossover?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
equalizir 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2003 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  

hi all,heres my deal.im still working on my system for my car.id like to know how i can power up my audio control 3xs crossover.heres what i have:

1 clarion cd player,3 zapco amps,rf 4 fused distr.block

i have a relay set up for two amp rack fans and im also gonna use the remote turn ons for the amps and crossovers and hook that up to the relay.my question is what can i use to actually power up my crossover?can i run a power line from the crossover to the relay or run another line from the battery to the crossover?any advice would be greatly appreciated.thanks

drvnbysound 
Silver - Posts: 289
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2003 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
Personally, this is how I would wire everything up. I would use the remote wire into the amps, as the trigger wire for the relay for the fans. Connect the remote wire to the amp, then branch off another wire, from that remote wire, to 85 of the relay. Ground 86. Run another constant 12V wire either from the amp, or from your distribution block to 30 of the relay. And run a wire from 87 to the positive wire of the fan. Ground the other wire of the fan.   That will take care of the fans turning on and off with the amps. To power the crossover, I would suggest that you take another 12V wire off the amp, or the distribution block to the 12V of the crossover. Again branch off a wire from the remote wire into the amp and run it to the remote of the crossover. Then ground the crossover.
That should take care of all the connections that are to be made.
equalizir 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2003 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the advice.i never thought of running the remote from one amp to the other.so when i wire the remote wire for the first amp i can just take another remote wire and add it to the same screw as the first remote wire and attach it to the next amp?then repeat that for the third amp?I hope that made sense.thanks again

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic