icon

2004 Dodge Durango, Infinity Sound System

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
okie007 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2010 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2004 dodge durango with infinity sound system. I have a sony explod head unit, 1000 watt
explod amp and one 12" and two 10" subs how do i install all of it, i would like to build my own box and all thanks for any help
okie 007
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 17, 2010 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
Is there any particular part of the install that you need help with?
okie007 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2010 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
I have the aftermarket wiring harness but when i plug it up the unit wouldnt come on the car it self has two plugs and someone said it has a built in amp already so what am i doing wrong
okie 007
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 17, 2010 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  

When you say it does not come on, does the radio not light up?  Or does it light up but you do not hear any sound coming from the speakers?  If it is lighting up but you do not hear any sound coming from the speakers, this is a simple fix, connect the radio's Blue/White wire to the blue wire of the harness you purchased.

okie007 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2010 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  
I thank you for the help, it doesnt do anything does it have anything to do with this supposeably built in amp that i cant find. and one more ? how big does my box need to be for two 10 and one 12 aging thank you for everything.
okie 007
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 18, 2010 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  

i am an idiot wrote:
When you say it does not come on, does the radio not light up?  Or does it light up but you do not hear any sound coming from the speakers? 

In this industry,the phrase "it does not do anything"  (which I take as it does not come on) has been used to describe it comes on but I have no audio.  I really need a more detailed answer to the questions in order to help you.

If the radio does not even power up, that is not because you have a factory amp.

okie007 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2010 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
Im sorry im trying to build all this before my son gets back from iraq. it has no sound or lights nothing comes on
okie 007
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 18, 2010 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  

Your radio is either missing Constant power, Switched power, a ground connection, or it is broken.  It being a Dodge, what did you connect the radio's ground wire to?  

Do you have a volt meter to check to see if you are missing a voltage?   If so, touch and hold the black meter lead to the chassis of the radio.  Then touch the red lead to the yellow wire of the radio.  Does that show 12 volts?  Now turn the key on and touch the red lead to the red wire of the radio.  Does that read 12 Volts?  Remember the key needs to be turned on when testing the red wire.

masterodisaster 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2010 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like you have one with no switched power at the factory harness (factory deck turns on via data). You will have to tap the wire on the cigarette lighter for switched ignition power (red on aftermarket stereo). Also if you run into one that has a "can bus" turn on, you have to buy an integration harness, or bypass the factory amp in order to actually hear audio through the system (no way to turn the amp on other than via data).
i am an idiot 
Posted: August 06, 2010 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

Seems as though the master O disater may be onto something.  Metra does have an interface harness that will turn the CAN controlled amp on. 

http://metradealer.com/files/products/INSTCHTO-01.pdf

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic