icon

96 jeep grand cherokee, prostart ct-5010

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thuhamilton 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2010 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
Hi , I am new in this forum,I have a Prostart 3 in 1 CT-5010 (34-0676-2) My vehicle is 1996 Jeep grand cherokee 6cyl 4.0L.
My question is :Do i need a relay for lock and unlock ,if so what relay and how to connect them .thank you
thuhamilton
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2010 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  

You need 4 SPDT 30/40 Amp relays and have to wire into both front doors...

Here is a link to the Bulldog Security door lock diagram for your Jeep:  http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/14301_GRAND-CHEROKEE_JEEP%20GRAND%20CHEROKEE%20LOCKS.pdf

Soldering is fun!
thuhamilton 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2010 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you very much for quick reply,thanks
thuhamilton
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2010 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
I would suggest you should use a data module to control the door locks. It is a lot easier and will prove more reliable. The modules aren't that expensive. If you have ever had to do one of these vehicles with relays, you would never do it again after trying the data module method.
sparky
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2010 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  

As per Sparkie's excellent suggestion, look for a DEI 455T or 455TW Door Lock control module.  It will save you much time and trouble:

http://www.xpresskit.com/VehicleCompatibility.aspx?p=-1&year=1996&make=Jeep&model=Grand%20Cherokee&ps=2&s=0

Soldering is fun!
x1le 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2010 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
you can also wire directly to the door switch board inside of the drivers door. I've done this rather than run into both.
thuhamilton 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2010 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
My vehicle is 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L and I have a prostart CT-5010(34-0676-2) I have done with all connection , it start good as i want , door lock and unlock working good ,I just have some more question about arm and disarm :
1/ I connected WHITE/ green(disarm output) to my purple / YELLOW,is it right?
2/ how about the WHITE/ brown (-)Arm output ,do I need to connect it and how ?
3/Do I have to connect the BLACK/ Green (-)AUX 2 output and how ?
4/In bulldogsecurity page wires diagrams ,I have a yellow wire(-)named "Door Trigger" ,what do I do with this wire and how it work and how to connect to the start module that I have (CT-5010).
   I am so sorry to have so many question ,and Forgiven me about my english, and thank you very much for your help
thuhamilton

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic