after clicking login from a thread

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2010 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
Fog? What's that?
We are km and metric throughout - not that that stops references to mph & squares & hands despite leaving that over a quarter of a century ago.
I'm not aware of "rear" fog lights though many cars have what I term fog lights - namely low & spread beams (white or yellow).
But they are often on with headlights - something that contradicts fog use, and used to be illegal here (it was either fog lights else headlights).
Otherwise I think we are now accepting the standard Euro & Jap lighting (for RHD; LHT). No longer illegal are things like door/wing mirror indicators, lamps higher than x-meters (we have older 4WDs with disable original rear lamps that use bumper lamps instead; compare that to newer Toyota(?) with angled C-pillar stop & indicators that cannot be seen in the wrong sunlight!), and more than 4 headlights. I think even motorbikes can now have asymmetric headlights (separate dedicated high & low side by side) and indicators integrated with tail lights.
Now if only driver training could catch up with the rest of the world too....!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2010 at 3:39 AM / IP Logged  
Wrong end of the stick Peter!
REAR fog lights as their name suggests are built in to the BACK of the vehicle with the lights.
Slightly more orange than normal side/brake lights have a switch with an orange icon. Required on Euro built and marketed cars since about 1977.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2010 at 4:00 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah - I figured that... maybe I should have said "...though many cars have what I term frontfog lights...".
No - we just have the standard red stop/tail, amber indicator (flasher) & clear reversing lamp.
Although front side indicators are common, generally not side clearance lights (parkers) etc.
I don't even think left & right parkers are that common, though my 1969 Isuzus have them as do many European cars.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2010 at 4:15 AM / IP Logged  
Front side (indicators) were comp. from about 92 although the Germans then Honda started to put them into the door mirrors = more door wiring, harder to see.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic