the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5901 into 2010 scion xb

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2010 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  

Going by the Responder LC 5901 Install guide in the downloads section ... Remote start auxiliary output, 5-pin connector.  Violet wire at pin 3.

This wire works like the starter wire and can be used (with a relay) to drive any additional starter circuits in the vehicle.

Soldering is fun!
yoyonogood 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2010 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  
perfect i just found this answer as well one final question and i should have all i need. i have an extra relay for the second starter and one for the clutch bypass since im pretty sure i need one to show the clutch is depressed. i just have no idea how to hook this relay up. or is there an easier way of showing the alarm the clutch pedal is depressed without bypassing the clutch switch completely? 
yoyonogood 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2010 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  

this is a relay diagram i have come up with, let meknow if this sounds ok.

pin 87--groung

pin 86-constant 12v

pin 30- clutch wire

pin 85-- to remote status output wire

if this is correct which status output should it be connected to?

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2010 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  

If the signal for the clutch is positive you have the wiring a little of her's how it should be

Pin 87- 12 volts constant fused at a value that i can't say for sure(someone else will have to chime in here).

Pin 86- ignition.

Pin 85- status output (the starter status should work).

Pin 30- To the clutch wire that recieves the signal when it's depressed.

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2010 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
The relay wiring above is good if the clutch interlock switch needs to see a ground when depressed to allow a start.  Some cars have two switches on the clutch, one for starting and one for cruise control...  I haven't done any Scions with a manual transmission.  To actuate the relay you can use the (-) Status Output if you don't need it for a transponder bypass.  Otherwise, on the Remote Start Input 5 Pin harness, there is a Blue/White wire at pin 5 that can be programmed for (-) 2nd Status Output.  That will work fine.
Soldering is fun!
mp1017 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2010 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
Hi I have same car as above but automatic, my viper will arm and disarm but when remote activated it says error, lights will come up on dashboard and after few seconds the dashboard lights and parking lights will flash 8 times, according to the manual it means no ground or neutral wire but its grounded, don't know what I did wrong I will post my wiring connections.
martin
mp1017 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2010 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  

Here is my wiring, wires not connected or not used I will leave bold

H1/1 Aux /trunk output

H1/2  12V CONSTANT – ignition switch white 8 pin plug pin7
H1/3 SIREN
H1/4 parking light isolation
H1/5 GROUND
H1/6 + door trigger input
H1/7 TILT SENSOR BLUE
H1/8 – door trigger input
H1/9 dome light supervision
H1/10 turbo timer
H1/11 parking light output –  parking light switch
H1/12 TILT SENSOR ORANGE

H2/1 OEM disarm

H2/2 Aux 4 output
H2/3 OEM arm
H2/4 Aux 2 out
H2/5 Aux 3 out
H2/6 Aux 1 out
H2/7 Diesel wait to start
H2/8 Horn output <do I even need this connected>
H2/9 tachometer – gray data link connector white 16 pin plug pin9
H2/10 Status out
H2/11 Flex relay output
H2/12 Accessory out
H2/13 Starter output – relay pin 85
H2/14 Ignition 1 out
H2/15 hood pin
H2/16 rear defogger – black A/C control assbly gray 10 pin plug pin2
H2/17 brake input
H2/18 neutral ground - ground

H3/1 Ignition1 in/out – gray /ignition switch white 8 pin plug pin6

H3/2 Flex relay 12V- relay pin 87
H3/3 Accessory out – BLACK/ ignition switch white 8 pin plug pin3
H3/4 Starter out – starter 1 white 8pin plug pin8 cut  car side
H3/5 Starter in - starter 1 white 8pin plug pin8 cut  key side
H3/6 Ignition 1 in – gray /ignition switch white 8 pin plug pin6
H3/7 Flex relay out – 2nd ignition white / white 8 pin plug pin 4
H3/8 Flex relay in
H3/9 Accessory starter relay in – +12V harness
H3/10__

No door locks connected since I was hoping for DBALL to take care of that until I took the ignition switch cover off and found out that it does not have immobilizer.

I know I did something wrong just cant figure out what, brake pedal is not connected will that have something to do with this?

martin
yoyonogood 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2010 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
have you programmed tyhe alarm to automatic mode? definitely hook up the brake wire, and make sure the connections for your second starter are correct. the horn output uses your factory horn in addition to the viper siren or instead of it
yoyonogood 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2010 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
also hook up your door trigger wire even to just one door till you get the remote start working i nknow your xb is auto but on mine it senses when a door is open and cancels the ability for remote start as a safety feature. what wiring diagram are you using? if you need one from directwire i do have it so you can triple check everything just post your email address
mp1017 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2010 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I have changed it from manual to automatic with bit writer, got my wiring diagram with the alarm its sorce its from Direct Wire, I wiil get to it tomorrow with the brake wire and try the door wire, are you talking about the H1 connectin door triggers or the actual door lock connector with 3 wires, also how hard is to find the door wires in fuse box  are they same colors as in direct wire diagram? I got relay for 2nd Ignition, and 2nd starter is only H3/9 or do I need relay for that also?
martin
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic