icon

2011 duramax sierra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
alarep5 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2010 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  

Did my first 2011 duramax the other day.

Same install as older models but no tach signal wire.

So I used the signal provided by the idata ADS-AL CA. Seems to work fine. Programming for 2010 Sierra seems to work fine also for door locks etc. 

OLDSCHOOL - If the wire is there,...use it.
hotrodman 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2011 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  

I learned a lesson about tachless voltage sense last week, I install Auto Start and iData D2D , and I love the tachless feature, but the new Duramax has a feature that won't charge the battery after cold start up while the glow plugs and heated air intake are on.  So the volt gauge shows discharge for about a minute, bad thing is autostart box sees no change in charging system voltage and shuts it down after 15-20 seconds.

I did some digging and found on this 2011 GMC Duramax you can use cam sensor signal @ PCM gray connector Pin 65 DkBlu/Wht.  Ran a wire and did tach learn and stays running now.

HRM

To be old and wise, you must first be young and dumb.
adelfino 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2011 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  

let me get this straight. on the 2011 chevy duramax . if you use a immobilizer bypass such as dball from directed electronics. you dont need to tie into the heavy gauge wires for the starter . ign acc. etc.

it is all controlled by the data wire. what about locks.   do you have wire colors and locations for this truck

thank you

anthony

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 17, 2011 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
adelfino wrote:

let me get this straight. on the 2011 chevy duramax . if you use a immobilizer bypass such as dball from directed electronics. you dont need to tie into the heavy gauge wires for the starter . ign acc. etc.

it is all controlled by the data wire. what about locks.   do you have wire colors and locations for this truck

thank you

anthony

This is true for many of the newer vehicles.  Door locks are also handled by the data modules.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic