equalizer, where to start?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
asquarecan 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2010 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys,
I am in need of some help. I am looking to get an equalizer and I don't really know much about them. Do I need an equalizer for my speakers and equalizer for my sub or will 1 controller both? Also what do I need to look for when buying an equalizer?
I am looking at the TEQ6 - Phoenix Gold Tantrum In-Dash Equalizer and the CEQ-773 - Cadence 7 Band Equalizer with Subwoofer Control
I am not set on anything just trying to figure out where to start.
Thanks
Keith
spmpdr 
Copper - Posts: 456
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2010 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
One eq usually controls both the speakers and subs depending on set up. That cadence eq is crap I.M.O. . I had one for a month or so and had so many problems with it . What i look for in an eq is how many volts its puts out to the amp and how many adjustable bands it has.
-A vision without a plan is just a hallucination-
asquarecan 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2010 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
Thats good to know.
I have looked at a couple dozen and still cannot make my mind up. Anyone see anything wrong with the PG one I posted? Should I spend more money on one? Any insight?
Thanks
Keith
dred 
Copper - Posts: 158
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2010 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
Hey asquarecan i would recommmend you get a Sound Stream MPQ-6XO man this thing will make you sound system super clean, it has a outstanding signal to noise ratio 120db and output voltage of 10volt RMS your music will be crisp and really clean. Make sure to use an active crossover with it to see the real performance of the equalizer you will be amazed believe me.
dre
asquarecan 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2010 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info I will look into the device.
i have heard of sound stream before but not sure of their reputation.
do they make good equipment?
Thanks
Keith
dred 
Copper - Posts: 158
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2010 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
Yes they make some of the cleanest car audio equipment that really cleans up you entire sound system, their speakers and amps also are great, there equalizers are the best on the market right now when used with an active 3 way crossover mane you would be super clean from lows to mids to highs, much people dont know this it the good stuff trust me.
http://www.woofersetc.com/p3197/MPQ6XO---Soundstream-Parametric-EQ-w--crossover-and-sub-volume.htm
120db signal to noise ratio man this music will be clean
dre
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2010 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
soundstream amps are awesome, but their EQ is just a re-branded run-of-the-mill device, but in its defense, so are most other EQ's out there right now. its still good stuff, but nothing spectacular. they do have some decent speakers and subs too but i would avoid their in dash tv's all together.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2010 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
According to the manual on Soundstream's site, it's 110 dB signal to noise ratio... http://www.soundstream.com/manuals/other/mpq-6xo.pdf
equalizer, where to start? -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
asquarecan 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2010 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys,
I will order it and give it a shot. There is so many companies out there and some are really good and others are complete garbage, but unless they are main stream I always question it cause there is so much garbage.
Thanks again guys.
Keith
asquarecan 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2010 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys,
Not to complicate matters but i was going to order the listed item and saw that there were a number of sound stream equalizers. I am wondering if any of the one on this page are better then the one listed, for an extra $20-30 it is not a big deal and shipping is $10 so if I get one with free shipping it would counter the price. Any ways just figured if i was spending $100 and i could get something better for $120-$130 i would lemme know what you think.
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=11&brand_ID=64&sort=brandName&=Update+Selection
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic