icon

08 dodge ram remote start, chall issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slvrbullett08 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2010 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC Hemi.  I had a Viper SmartStart VSS4000 installed and an Xpresskit CHALL was used as the bypass connected D2D.  It has a factory alarm system.  Everything works as it should except when the doors are locked and you attempt a remote start it sets off the factory alarm.  The engine will start but the horn will be honking and park lights flashing and going crazy.  It does not do this if you remote start with the doors unlocked.  Currently to get around this we have it wired up to unlock the doors just before the truck starts to disable the alarm and then after it starts it locks itself back.  We have exhausted all resources (called DEI support and asked other techs in the area) and we've tried several suggestions such as a 610ohm resisitor on the mux wire, diode isolation, etc and it always does the same thing.  We have updated the firmware on the CHALL and programmed it numerous times as per instructions.  We have even went as far as to swap out with a known good CHALL with same results.  My installer is a friend of mine and it was installed at  his car audio / security shop so I consider this a non DIY.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Let me know if I need to provide more info and I gladly will.

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 06, 2010 at 4:46 AM / IP Logged  

Audiovox has the following info for your vehicle

08 dodge ram remote start, chall issues -- posted image. Key Sense VIOLET/BROWN (-) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

The note reads: USE AN 8.5K OHM RESISTOR FOR KEYSENSE, SAME WIRE AS STARTER 2 AND ACCESSORY

What lead me to that info was the note on the factory disarm wire, it read:  USE KEYSENSE WIRE

slvrbullett08 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2010 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  

So you're saying to connect the disarm pulse wire to the Violet/Brown wire with an 8.5k Ohm resistor inline?

supadave01 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2010 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
THERE IS ALSO A DISARM WIRE IN THE DKP THAT WILL DO THE SAME THING
all work no play all day
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 06, 2010 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  

Can we get a color of that disarm wire?

drumminguy81 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2011 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
I am having the same problem tried hooking the keysense up but still have the problem..
rjkboyle 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2011 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
Hopefully this image will help out.
https://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5195/fctalm024300.gif
If not, maybe look into use the Fortin Evo-Chr with a THAR-CHR2 T-Harness. Its dead easy to wire up. And even can do electronic ignition controls.
All the best.
jburbano 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2011 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
Had the same exact problem with the EVO-VHR in a 2008 ram. Turned out that the EVO needed the very latest firmware update. I know you are not using the EVO but your symptoms are exactly the same.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic