garmin gps intergration

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vader1 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2010 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
Hello,
I would like to know if there is anyway that I can get my Garmin C550 GPS sounds to come through my Aftermarket Head Unit?
I have a 2000 BMW E46 323i and a Pioneer AVH-P5900DVD Unit.
I would like to hear the GPS directions through my car speakers when I am driving and listening to my music.
Thanks in advance!
***VADER***
2000 BMW E46 5 Speed Sedan
icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2010 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
From the info on pioneer and garmin website. . .
No, there is no way to do what you want. You must select the Garmin under one of the AUX of the pioneer. Sorry, this feature is only available if the navigation is "built-in" to the pioneer unit.
vader1 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2010 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply...
That's the way I am currently operating the GPS, but there are other BMW owners who have done this MOD, I'm trying to find out how they did it. I read a few threads on the web and it is possible, but no-one has the details on how they did it!!!
***VADER***
icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2010 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
Well, the only way that i can think of is through the Bluetooth. You see there could be a module that can convert the AUX to Bluetooth. Using this module you can momentarily "mute" whatever is playing (cd/dvd/radio) and let the bluetooth audio come through. I'll look through the pioneer website for such when i get home. I don't have much time here at work.
roadshop570 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2010 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  

Check out avic411.com, its a pioneer forum website that can answer indepth on Pioneer navs and av headunits.

Chadillac
vader1 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2010 at 7:42 AM / IP Logged  
icearrow6 wrote:
Well, the only way that i can think of is through the Bluetooth. You see there could be a module that can convert the AUX to Bluetooth. Using this module you can momentarily "mute" whatever is playing (cd/dvd/radio) and let the bluetooth audio come through. I'll look through the pioneer website for such when i get home. I don't have much time here at work.
Thank You!
I appreciate any help you can find for me!
***VADER***

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic