icon

getting ready to install a used alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kadams4458 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2003 at 4:03 AM / IP Logged  

Hey, folks. I'm new here, but it looks like I've come to the right place. I'm sure I'll have a few questions to ask over the next few days.

I just picked up a Clifford Cyber 1 for a whopping $2.50. :) I'd like to use it on my '93 Saturn SC2 since there are a lot of kids trying to break in to cars around here lately.

I've already found the user's manual and the wiring basics on the Clifford site as well as some wiring info from this site and it seems like this shouldn't be too difficult of a project. There's just a couple of problems I'm facing to start out with.

The alarm is complete with the exception of two things. The siren, and the remotes. Now, I do have a siren out in the garage that I sort of figured would work. (If anyone thinks differently, feel free to tell me.) My big concern right now is finding a remote for it. I could easily just let it operate in passive mode all the time, but a remote would be nice. I haven't had a chance to contact a Clifford dealer yet, but I suspect that the remote will either not be available, or will cost an arm and a leg. Is there a good source for such an item that someone could direct me to?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you folks can offer.

Keith C. Adams
ViperATC5 
Copper - Posts: 202
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2003 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged  
Passive mode is fine for when it comes to arming the unit, but have you thought about how you would go about disarming it, without having to use a kill switch all the time? The remotes are probably around $50, directly from clifford, which is now a subsidiary of Directed Electronics (DEI). Any two wire siren will work fine.
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2003 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
Yea, the siren will work if it's 2-wire like Viper said.
As for the remote... ebay is your friend. Go there and search around, you can probably find a used one for $5.00. Maybe even someone on here has an old one they can sell you.
kadams4458 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2003 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  

cpgoose wrote:
Yea, the siren will work if it's 2-wire like Viper said.
As for the remote... ebay is your friend. Go there and search around, you can probably find a used one for $5.00. Maybe even someone on here has an old one they can sell you.

Actually, Ebay seems like it might be a good place to keep an eye out for the remote. I only wish I knew what type of remote I need. All I know is that it's a two-button, three-channel remote that operates at around 350MHz.

Or, maybe someone on here does have one they'd sell. That would work for me, too.

Keith C. Adams

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic