icon

negative lock pulse to for remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ragj1976 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2010 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, I am installing a remote start in a 2008 Honda Ridgeline. This particular remote start has an OEM interface that can take a number of negative pulses from a lock action and remote start the car. So hitting lock on the FOB 3 times for example. I have it all installed with the transponder delete and it is working properly, (I've tested it with pulsing the trigger 3 times with chassis ground). My issue is with the negative pulse coming off the Honda Lock, it doesn't seem to register with the remote start. I am using the Pink/Black wire at the drivers kick panel. I've tried to meter this wire, but it is not showing any change when I hit the lock or the lock on the FOB. What should be my next step, Is there another way to meter this, Does honda have a positive pulse for a lock, if so I can switch a relay if need be..
Any help is appreciated..
Thanks
-Roger
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2010 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
you will need to go to the lock wires in the door, the motor legs wires to be exact.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 14, 2010 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
Just so you will know, most vehicles disable the keyless entry when the motor is running.  Once you remote start the vehicle you will have to use the key to get the door unlocked.  To check to see if this is the case with your vehicle, while sitting in the vehicle with the motor running, try to unlock the doors with the fob.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2010 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  

the hondas once started, or a key is in the ignition for that matter, the keyless entry no longer works.

However, there is a keyless entry module, all you will need to do is use a relay and interrupt the ignition wire to the keyless entry module and you will be able to retain keyless while its started.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
ragj1976 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2010 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, I know I will lose the keyless. Thanks for the input about the igniton. what should I use to switch the relay to interupt igntion?
Also, to my original question is there anyway to use that Lock Negative Trigger that is Pink/Black in the drivers kick to signal my remote start? Or is the positive in the door the only way?
Thanks
-Roger
I am using a startnl2 remote starter.
ragj1976 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2010 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
Aah,forget what I said. You said to interrupt the ignition to the keyless module, not the ignition to the car..Gotcha..
-Rog
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2010 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  

Bulldog Security lists a Lock Motor wire at the Dash Fuse box.

Wire                                          Color                                                                 Location

LOCK MOTOR WIRE        YELLOW/BLACK (+) 5-wire type             @ DASH FUSE BOX, (LT. GREEN, 12-Pin Plug(K) Pin 12

You could locate and test this wire as a positive trigger for the remote start activation signal.  It would be more convenient than going into the door.

Soldering is fun!
ragj1976 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2010 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

Bulldog Security lists a Lock Motor wire at the Dash Fuse box.

Wire            Color                    Location

LOCK MOTOR WIRE        YELLOW/BLACK (+) 5-wire type             @ DASH FUSE BOX, (LT. GREEN, 12-Pin Plug(K) Pin 12

You could locate and test this wire as a positive trigger for the remote start activation signal.  It would be more convenient than going into the door.

This did it. I used a relay with this as the trigger and ground as the output. It now pulses negative and starts the truck.
Perfect. Now I need to figure out how to bypass the keyless entry to allow keyless when the truck is running.. Thanks all.
-Roger
Do you have a wire color for the BED lights? The ridgeline has 4 lights in the truck bed that I also want to come on when the vehicle is started, or keyless lock/unlock.. Thanks
ragj1976 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2010 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
I found the trigger for the BED lights, it is at the cargo light switch on the dash. The switch has 5 Wires, it looks like one of the leads is always 12V, then when 12V is pulsed to another one of the leads the cargo lights come one, when 12V is pulsed again to the same lead the cargo lights turn off. How can I wire this to my Remote Start parking light output, as that puts out a positive constant when running?
Thanks
-Roger
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2010 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  

Here is a link to a relay diagram that will convert the +12v parking light constant output to a .5 second +12 pulse.  https://www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp#ctm  That will work as long as the remote start brain doesn't flash the lights to confirm the start command or the actual start up ( some remote start unit will flash the lights 4 times to confirm the engine is running ) and the remote start (+) parking light output is only connected to this circuit or diode isolated if also connected to the trucks parking light wire.

That will turn the bed lights on.  Getting them to turn off automatically at key take over is another project....   You could do it manually but something like using the drivers door trigger ( and another relay circuit ) to create the second turn off pulse ( if GWR is also active ) might work.  Of course using the door trigger could cause problems if you remote start the truck, open the door, then close the door, then open the door.....   before doing a key take over.

Could get complicated...

Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic