autopage rs665 in 2000 chevy malibu

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rjkboyle 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2010 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  

Hey,

Just have a few things I want to clear up before I wiring everything up and try it out.

In the instalation instructions for the starter kill, it shows a 5 wire relay, and a 1N4003 diode between pins 36 and 35. Since the alarm did not come with this relay I want to just use a relay i have with the diode. My question is though, what is the best way to add this diode between the two pins? Can it just be connected to the wires going to those pins? Also how hard it is to solder a diode into the wire, any tips?

Second question, is for the accessory wires, on the diagram it shows them as being an Orange wire, but in the car there is two orange accessory wires (do the same thing, tested with dmm). It says in the manual that they both need to be hooked up with a relay, can someone tell me what wires go to what pins. Or if there is a diagram I can follow.

Third, the alarm has two 12V power wires with a fuse on them they say to connect to the 12v wire at Ignition, can I just solder these two wires onto that one 12v at the igniton? And there is also a third 12v wire from the alarm/remote start that requires 12v, is it bad to put all three onto the same 12v at the ignition, or where else can I find a 12v wire in this car?

Thanks,

Ryan

rjkboyle 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2010 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
Hey so I just finished installing a Autopage RS665 into a 2000 Chevy Malibu. I can start the car with the key fine, but when pressing the remote start button on the remote nothing happens. No lights flashing or anything, any ideas why this is? I checked the hood pin etc all fine. The thing I think it might be is that it says the ignition 1 wire is pink, but in the ignition switch harness there is two pink wires that do the same thing when starting. I only hooked up to one, could this be why?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic