python 872 le remote/antenna issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
meltingplastic 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2010 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
okay guys,
So i installed a python 872 le about 2 years ago. The 2-way remote never worked(always killed the battery in less than a day) and i never ended up swapping it and lately my 1-way stopped working. It was kind of beat up so i figured that was the issue. Put it in the 2-ways case and checked the circuit board and everything looked fine. Still had an issue with it working correctly(it worked sometimes and sometimes it didn't) finally it stopped working 100% so i decided to get a new remote. Picked up a new one way and went to program it. The problem is, i can not get the new remote to program. I initially cleared all remotes (door open, ignition on, valet 2 times then hold) and all i heard was the 2 beeps so i'm assuming it worked as i dont think you have to press any buttons on the remotes to force it to clear all.   I then attempted to program my new remote (once again, door open, ignition on, press once and hold) and it goes into programming mode but i can never actually get the unit to respond that the remote has programmed with either my new remote or my old remote. I've tried unplugging the wire from the antenna(an old trick i remember from back in the day) but that still didn't work. I know the unit isn't locked out seeing as i did the install and did not use a bitwriter or anything.   Has anyone ever seen this issue before? I don't have a spare antenna to test it nor do i really feel like pulling down my dash to get the brain because of where i hid it but if i have to to remote power from the unit i will.
Driving a Bagged, Caddied 02 s10
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2010 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  

You could try this procedure. It is for Responder LE.  I have used it with my Viper 5701 and 5301 remote starters. I would think that the Python 872 and the Viper 5701 are one in the same.

Transmitter Programming

Also new, the transmitter needs to be paired to the control module as described in step 1 and step 2.

only.

Step 1: Press and hold the FUNCTION button for 10 seconds until remote emits one long beep and

the amber transmit LED lights up solid.

Step 2: Press and hold REMOTE START button until the remote beeps three times and the amber

transmit LED lights up.

Step 3: Open car door. (Green H1/8 wire or Violet H1/6 must be connected).

Step 4: Turn ignition key ON. (Heavy gauge Pink wire must be connected).

Step 5: Within 10 seconds, press and release the valet switch once.

Step 6: Press valet switch and hold. LED flashes once and siren chirps once.

Step 7: While still holding valet switch, press the LOCK button of the remote. Siren chirps once to

confirm.

Step 8: Release valet switch. Turn ignition key OFF.

I think you have to press the F button twice to make the transmit LED go out.  Good Luck.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
meltingplastic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2010 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
Wow thanks a lot! those 2 first steps def helped! now to get home and see if i can get the old remote that i switched cases with to work again
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,601
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2010 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
I noticed you said you press once and hold when entering programming, normally when programming a transmitter for default settings it's press twice and hold on the second press. Just a wild shot! LOL
JW.ORG.
COMMIT YOUR WAY TO JEHOVAH AND HE WILL ACT IN YOUR BEHALF.
PSALMS 37:5
meltingplastic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2010 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
t&t tech wrote:
I noticed you said you press once and hold when entering programming, normally when programming a transmitter for default settings it's press twice and hold on the second press. Just a wild shot! LOL
i hear ya but no i was pressing once pressing again and then holding.. trust me been installing deis for long enough where i know how to do that haha... just really confused as to why the first two steps of programming the remotes are not in the manual

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic