icon

python 991 alarm and r/s fail, 2006 s2000

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nte11igence 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2010 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
I had this installed professionally with the PKALL module yesterday. There are a few problems.
1) The r/s does not start unless there is a key in the ignition and it is turned to the "ON" position. It will not start (not even crank) if the key is not turned to the ON position. The lights just flash and the system attempts to start again 3 times.
2) The LED indicaator on the antenna constantly stays on even when it is NOT in valet mode. Even when the vehicle is unarmed and turned on, the the LED light stays on.
3) The same goes for the parking lights. When they were wired, the parking lights would not blink upon arming/disarming. They would constantly stay on. They don't flash for some odd reason.
I don't believe it's the PKALL since we carefully went through all the steps to program the module....and we did so successfully.
We also checked all of our connections and everything seemed fine.
I'm at a total loss....
cpalmer 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2010 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
try unpluging the module for a couple minutes then plug it back in. How are trying to enter and get out of valet mode? remote or button on unit? You may be missing a ignition wire that is causing your crank problem otherwise the unit would at least try to start with just the key in regardless of what position it is in. Let us know.
cpalmer 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2010 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
PS what kind of RS unit?
cpalmer 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2010 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
Duh nevermind....
nte11igence 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2010 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
cpalmer wrote:
try unpluging the module for a couple minutes then plug it back in. How are trying to enter and get out of valet mode? remote or button on unit? You may be missing a ignition wire that is causing your crank problem otherwise the unit would at least try to start with just the key in regardless of what position it is in. Let us know.
tried this and it still doesnt work. i enter valet mode using the button on the antenna
xperties 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2010 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
nte11igence wrote:
I had this installed professionally with the PKALL module yesterday. There are a few problems.
Wow, the first problem is you are asking on these forums. You had this professionally installed and you are having all these issues? You NEED to head back to that and have them correct everything or get your money back. Sounds like a chop shop.
I just got the same system installed in my wife's truck for $525 total and everything works perfect.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2010 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
Ref Xperties...x 2!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic