auto start yamaha xt 600

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
k2o3 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2010 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  

Hello everyone,

I have a Yamaha xt 600 model of 2002 and not know which wires to connect the remote control or auto start, anyone can help me??

Besides all this already installed, just missing the auto star/remote control.

The alarm is a Hawk HA-MC02 v2.

icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2010 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
hum. . . remote start on a bike.
Theoretically possible i guess, but why? LOL
Anyways, is the bike button start? or pedal?
Can't tell by the pics found on google.
And i have no idea where to find a wiring diagram for your bike either. . .
i'll keep looking though . .
k2o3 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2010 at 7:42 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry only replying now.
Why?
Because I can for the bike to warm up before leaving home. auto start yamaha xt 600 -- posted image.
The bike has a Start button.
Thanks
k2o3 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2010 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
anyone?
markcars 
Silver - Posts: 662
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2010 at 6:48 AM / IP Logged  
it should be a doable project.
If you can find the tach wire, you should be able to use any remote start that works on the voltage of your Yamaha battery voltage.
Do you already have the remotestart module or are you going to get one?
Remote starts are connected by having plus,minus, and voltage sensing or tach sensing (tach sensing better since it senses that the engine is actually running).
So if you hook up these 3 basic wires, you got yourself a remote starting Yamaha. There might be more relay trigger cables etc that you dont need to connect.
For wiring diagrams, assuming you dont have the wiring diagram booklet, you might be able to call Yamaha to sell you the wiring diagram book, unless you get it by other means.   Best of luck.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 01, 2010 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  

I would not attempt to do this on a motorcycle, I know it has been done and will continue to be done.  With a manual transmission car, there are remote start units that are available.  There is a procedure that has to be followed when exiting the vehicle.  If the procedure is performed the alarm knows the vehicle is in neutral.  If the alarm goes off and thinks that there is even a slight possibility that someone may have put the car in gear, it will not remote start.  There is no way to protect the shifter on a motorcycle.  Somebody could put the bike in gear and it could start that way when attempting a remote start.

awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2010 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
Does your bike have a neutral light? Or a center stand/side stand switch that prevents starting?
From what I remember bike will start in neutral regardless of clutch position, or can start in gear with clutch pulled in. If the first is true, then as long as you are not bypassing the clutch safety feature then the bike should only start in neutral adding some level of safety to the install. If the neutral light and clutch switch are in series though, be mindful how you attempt to bypass the clutch switch for remote start operation.
Check some of the motorcycle forums too, I'm sure you can find a lot of info there as well.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic