icon

axxess gmos 04 2004 tahoe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brent w 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2010 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
Installed on a 04 Tahoe with bose, but no onstar. The GMOS-04 has a second harness for onstar, but i just didnt use it. Now before i go on, i am decent at remote starts, but still learning about hu interfacing.
Here is what i did. Cut off the rca ends on the gmos and soldered the shielding to the neg wire and the inner wire of the rca to the positive wire for each respective speaker. Everything else was wired up normally. yellow->yellow black->black and so on.
Turn the radio on and i get popping when i turn it on and off. The rear speakers work perfectly. The front speakers are very faint. can't really hear them unless you put your ear to the door. If i fade it to the front and turn the radio way up, i hear just distortion, but hardly any volume. i stip back the wire on the car side of the gmos (WHITE/ white black) and put a 9v battery to it and i get a pop.
Am i doing something wrong on the install, or is my unit fried. Any ideas?
Thanks guys,
Brent
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2010 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  

The whole reason to use the gmos 4 is to send low level signal to the input side of the bose amp.  You shouldn't have cut those rca's

Advanced
brent w 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2010 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
ok so what i need to do is take a trash pair of rca's and put them back together, then plug it into the pre outs on the HU?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic