icon

2007 chevy suburban with audiovox mmd11a

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
robd007 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2010 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  

ok i'll try and be short and informative on this one.  i've installed this mmd11a in a 2007 chevy suburban.  i used the pink wire pin 14 in the light green plug of the bcm for the accy 12v.  the problem i am having is that the unit will sometimes go to "last memory" but sometimes it will not.  this is the second unit i've installed in this vehicle.  the first one worked for about 2 days then it would not read the dvds and would not eject them unless i powered the unit down.  i've installed many of these units and audiovox/advent units with no problems before.  i've done many of the new body suburbans and tahoes, and always use the same pink wire.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2010 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
You should never use that wire for anything. It is the ignition wire from the ignition switch and is only designed as a voltage reference to the BCM. It is fused at 2 amps. It isn't designed to handle any load and causes problems for the vehicle if it is used. There are specific terminals in the junction box above the drivers kick panel on the firewall which can b used for adding accessories. I have had to fix many vehicles for electrical issues from other people doing exactly what you did. Connecting to any ignition wires in late model GM vehicles is a big mistake.
sparky
robd007 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2010 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  
Ok thanks.  I appreciate that info.  I'm going to change the wiring today, so hopefully this fixes my problem.  I will definetly keep away from the wire I was using from now on.  Thanks again.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2010 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
Indeed, when we install an overhead we use that wire only to drive a relay for power. 2 Amps is all you will find anywhere there is switched power in that truck...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic